PDA

View Full Version : Sore Eye

Donna
01-08-2008, 07:00 PM
My boss's cat had a sore eye and they were bathing it and hadnt gone to the vets... anyway it got worse and worse so in the end I booked an appointment at my vet and helped take the cat down .... the vet said there were grass seeds in his eye..

One G.A later and two HUGE grass seeds were pulled out of his eye.. he now has eye drops for a week.

Poor boy - he must of been in so much agony from what they pulled out of his eye:(

Elaine
01-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Poor baby, I never understand why people are so reluctant to take their animals to a vet. Glad you made that appt for the poor guy.

Donna
01-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Poor baby, I never understand why people are so reluctant to take their animals to a vet. Glad you made that appt for the poor guy.

Well I dont think they realised it was as bad as it was and thought it would go away :? but it just got worse.. They thought it might of been a bee sting or something. I am glad he is now sorted :lol:

dandysmom
01-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Thank goodness you had enough sense to realize it wasn't going to go away by itself and booked him in at the vet! Poor cat must have been in awful discomfort .......

Mags
01-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Good thing you made the appointment Donna, poor cat could easily have lost his eye if it hadn't been treated..

ellenlouise
01-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Aww poor cats. Made me feel a bit guilty as if one of mine came with a sore eye I would just bathe is!

Kim
02-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Aww poor cats. Made me feel a bit guilty as if one of mine came with a sore eye I would just bathe is!

I would too, I tend to treat minor things myself and just use my own judgement as to when/if they see a vet. Thanks goodness you made that appointment though, poor cat must have been in so much discomfort. :(

meep
04-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Poor wee thing, but thank goodness he's now on the mend! The thought of large grass seeds being pulled out of MY eye is enough to make me squirm, what a brave boy!

Elaine
04-08-2008, 03:39 PM
If one of mine had a sore or weepy eye, I too would bathe it but if it wasnt looking any better after a day or two, I would call the vet for advice or an appointment.
Still, the guy is fine now and thats what matters;)

Donna
04-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Yep all better and no doubt forgotten about, playing in the long grass again!