PDA

View Full Version : Acting like he's in pain?

Darky
01-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Weird occurence a moment ago.

It's my birthday so I had Honey (less than a year and a half old male) on my bed, all purring and happy. Then he had a little nap by my bed, then went onto my computer chair.

I was on the phone to my fiance and stroking Honey from my bed, and when I touched his back his cried out in a really weird way.

Every time I stroked his back/legs, he made weird, in-pain noises. But there is nothing wrong with him to my knowledge. I was cuddling him before with no problem and we always stroke his back with no issue.

When I picked him up he made a really uncomfortable noise, so I took him out of my room and made a fuss of him, and in my arms he started growling at me. :shock: So I put him down.

This is a cat that is normally incredibly happy and carefree, the sort of cat that enjoys being held upside down and cradled like a baby.

I have no idea what that was all about.

He's going to the vet soon though, to be neutered.

meep
01-08-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm afraid I can't give any advice on this one Darky! Perhaps its trapped gas if it's his backend so it's uncomfortable? Or he suddenly got in a bad mood (as can happen with cats!) If there's no physicaly signs and he's fine unless you touch his back end, maybe wait until later tonight. If he gets worse, call into the vet, but if not wait till tomorrow morning? Check he's eating properly, using the litter tray for both businesses. If by tomorrow morning he's no different it might be worth taking him in, although it's hard to judge from here as the way you describe it it does seem a bit random! I know when my cats get a fright they get a bit moody and cats generally don't like their back legs being touched so if he suddenly got into a bad mood this could make him more sensitive to being touched and held?

dandysmom
01-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Good advice from Meep; keep an eye on him and if he seems worse call the vet.....
Keep us posted, please; hope it's not serious......

Grete
01-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Hope he's feeling better :( Worrying when they are 'off' their usual character.

*hugs*

Darky
01-08-2008, 06:14 PM
I just saw him on the window sill and plodded over, and made a fuss of him.

Didn't mind me stroking his back at all, and soon hopped onto my lap all purr-y, headbutting my hand.

:roll:

Weirdest mood swing ever.

meep
04-08-2008, 09:26 AM
PMT?! :lol: