PDA

View Full Version : Merlin is a complete grump today

angieh
30-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Not his fault - I took him to the vet this morning to see the nurse about the fleas. Such a nice sweet gentle nurse who was only looking through his fur, not prodding, poking or anything that would hurt. Merlin, after several hissing warnings flew at me and I have 2 bite marks on my wrist. Actually, rather me than her. Put him back in his carrier smartish.

Anyway, the outcome was that she could find no fleas or flea dirt (I've found a bit of that I'm sure) but he did show her that something was biting as he started scratching (before he started hissing) so, he has to go back tomorrow to see THE VET who may advise a steroid injection to reduce the obvious irritation.

Brought him home and he is all smiles and sunny boy again. Has eaten 2 saucers of food and been quite loving. Can't imagine what he found to dislike in the vet nurse. I thought she was a sweetie.

Moli
30-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Poor Merlin, she maybe touched a sore bit Angie.....

pinklizzy
30-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Poor Merlin! I'm sure whatever's biting him is very frustrating, vet nurse's are fair game though, every cat knows that ;)

meep
30-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Poor Merlin! At least he was purring when he got home again :)

Elaine
30-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Ouch! Hope the bites didnt break the skin, the ones to you from merlin that is;)
Poor guy, I hope you get it resolved for him with out any more incidents. xxx

angieh
30-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Oh blood and all Elaine. The vet nurse gave me some medicated hand wash and although the bite wounds (they are quite small) did puff up and look red, they've gone down now, so I am not worried. Not just northerners that are tough you know! :D :D :D

dandysmom
30-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Poor Merlin, poor you! Glad he's all purry and eating well now. The point about a sore spot might be right....hope the steroid injections will ease the itching; it can be so maddening! (((hugs)))

Kazz
30-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Could even have a little bt of sun burn or a mozzie/ant bite....I recall Oz cgot bitten by ants once when he was younger...I noticed because he was scratching and moving about luckily he was almost white and I could see and find the ants easily amazed it was ants though but I think he must have being lying by/on/close to a nest and what with the ants flying being territorial making new nests....he came off worse could be ant bites....Oz was fine no treatment but scratched for a while after I imagine they must have "irritated" him........

pinklizzy
30-07-2008, 08:27 PM
I'm so sorry Angie, I obviously didn't read your initial post properly, I thought it was the nurse who was bitten :oops:
Sorry! Hope the wounds heal quickly-please take care of them, I've been hospitalised by a cat bite before.

angieh
30-07-2008, 09:54 PM
They're fine thanks Liz - came up a bit at first but have gone down and look nice and clean - not very big anyway.