PDA

View Full Version : You bestest favouritist meal....

Kazz
29-07-2008, 09:28 PM
What is your most favourite meal of all time???????????????

Erin
29-07-2008, 09:53 PM
A chicken rice stir fry thingy my dad cooks,its gorgeous,ill get the cooking intructions off him tomorrow and post it

Kazz
29-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Think mine may well be sweet chilli chicken noodles with potato wedges..............but could reconsider that for Christmas turkey with the trimmings...or a cold turkey and stuffing sandwich on brown bread....

dandysmom
29-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Do you mean the prisoner's -last -meal no expense spared, or just what your own favorite home cooked meal?

Dry Martini
Crab Cocktail
Broiled Lobster with drawn butter
Baked potato with oodles of butter and chives
Sauteed mushrooms with green beans and wild rice
Chocolate Mousse
A nice white wine, pinot grigio, riesling, vinho verde

Kazz
29-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Eileen we will all be straight round................that sounds mouth watering

dandysmom
29-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Eileen we will all be straight round................that sounds mouth watering

:-D

That's restaurant cooking...have never done lobster at home; the idea of chucking the poor thing alive in the boiling water puts me off. I can fix the other stuff, though!

For just the simple home cooked unpretentious meal:

Pizza
Tossed Salad

Fix that once a week...comfort food!

Tanya
29-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Mine is a roast dinner - my mum thinks it is boring, but I love roast chicken with stuffing, roast potatoes, boiled potatoes, lots of veg and home made gravy (I hate the granule stuff ;) )

dandysmom
29-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Cooking for yourself limits the choices: I'd love to have one of my Mom's dinners:

Roast pork loin with home made applesauce
Roast potatoes
Fresh peas
Home made biscuits with lots of butter
Chocolate cake with fudge icing

Kazz
29-07-2008, 10:21 PM
I like proper gravy too.........................and dips in the fat..............

Mags
29-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Mine is a nice roast dinner, beef, chicken or lamb ......not too keen on pork.

I also love a Christmas roast with all the trimmings...:D

Mags
29-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Talking of gravy, why can you get oxo cubes in the shops but not oxo granules anymore ....have they stopped doing it, anyone know?

Kim
29-07-2008, 10:27 PM
I have lots of favourites, roast dinner (minus the meat of course as I'm vege now) and I love stew and dumplings, great on a cold winters night.

dandysmom
29-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Have you ever had suckling pig. Mags? I did once at a restaurant brunch I was invited to: mouthwateringly delicious! I went back for thirds and smuggled some home in a napkin for Sultan! Who gobbled it down!

(Would anyone guess that I'm a foodie? :-D )

Mags
29-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Have you ever had suckling pig. Mags? I did once at a restaurant brunch I was invited to: mouthwateringly delicious! I went back for thirds and smuggled some home in a napkin for Sultan! Who gobbled it down!

(Would anyone guess that I'm a foodie? :-D )
Nope..... haven't tried that Eileen .......it sounds good though!:D

dandysmom
29-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Nope..... haven't tried that Eileen .......it sounds good though!:D

:-D Not the sort of thing you can do at home!

angieh
29-07-2008, 10:52 PM
Goodness what an amazingly hard question!

I really like pastrami at the moment. The best restaurant meal I've ever had was linguini with a walnut and rocket pesto and grilled sea bass. (love the flavour of rocket and also water cress!) Apple sauce is really good. Blackcurrant jam. A rare tender steak, onions and grainy mustard. Also love roast potatoes done in goose fat. All crispy and golden!

Anything dark and chocolatey.

Isn't it strange how your tastes change from childhood to adulthood? It's got to be a physical change as well as psychological.

Hreow
29-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Sultan was a foodie too, he made you carry a kitty-bag home. :D

Despite that I love to cook:
Sashimi - absolute favourite
Dad's oxtail soup is lovely as well.

For the rest; I cannot eat rice pudding nor porridge, not even to be polite, I'll try anything else. ^^ There is soo much good food out there.

dandysmom
29-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Sultan was a foodie too, he made you carry a kitty-bag home. :D

Despite that I love to cook:
Sashimi - absolute favourite
Dad's oxtail soup is lovely as well.

For the rest; I cannot eat rice pudding nor porridge, not even to be polite, I'll try anything else. ^^ There is soo much good food out there.

That he was! He conned a neighbor taking her groceries out of the car once into giving him a large piece of cooked rotisserie chicken!! :shock: :-D

Hreow
29-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Just because you never fed him. :smt003

dandysmom
29-07-2008, 11:38 PM
That's exactly what he told Betty! And with a straight face; that cat could lie like a rug! And this was after he'd had dinner!! She owned two huge German shepherds, so what she called a small piece of chicken was a huge hunk, and Sultan gobbled it down and was not sick afterwards! Talk about little feline con artists! Rover would have loved Sultan....

random
30-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Lasagne, lasagne, lasagne! :-D

Hreow
30-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Rover would have learned too much from Sultan - he's quite an innocent young lad at the moment. ^^

I would have liked to say hello, though.

dandysmom
30-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Rover would have learned too much from Sultan - he's quite an innocent young lad at the moment. ^^

I would have liked to say hello, though.

I wish you could have too! He was a magnificent people manipulator......:-D
I think young Rover does very well....I'm taking that "innocent" with a wee bit of salt....

meep
06-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Mmm food is one of my true loves in life, give me a good meal and I'm happy for the rest of the day :)

My most favourite meal ever is:

Spaghetti Bolognaise cooked my mums way, with lots of garlic, mushrooms, bay leaves, and yummy additions!
Accompanied by either hot crusty bread and butter, or garlic bread.
A lovely red wine (not good on names).
Home made lemon meringue pie as desert.

Don't think I could manage a starter on top of that :lol:

dandysmom
06-08-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm re-reading this thread before lunch, and it's making me hungry! That sounds yummy, meep!

meep
06-08-2008, 04:20 PM
I've just re-read it now too, it's halfway between lunch and dinner here and it's making me very hungry! I think my OH has made homemade lamb and chilli burgers, all I've got to do is pick up the buns on my way home :D (He used to be a chef, a very hand trait indeed!)

I am a lover of Italian cuisine, all the pasta and sauces and bread, and fresh herbs mmmm.

dandysmom
06-08-2008, 04:26 PM
I've just re-read it now too, it's halfway between lunch and dinner here and it's making me very hungry! I think my OH has made homemade lamb and chilli burgers, all I've got to do is pick up the buns on my way home :D (He used to be a chef, a very hand trait indeed!)

I am a lover of Italian cuisine, all the pasta and sauces and bread, and fresh herbs mmmm.

Oh, so am I! Wonderful wonderful food! Also Chinese, Thai... most Asian cuisine.
And also just simple plain American food...well, food!! :D
How marvellous to have a live-in chef: I am quite green with envy! :-D

Donna
06-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Beef stew and dumplings or xmas dinner have got to be my favs... cant just have one!!

dandysmom
06-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Oh, I forgot stewed chicken with dumplings, yum!

EmmaG
06-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Propper Steak and Kidney pudding made with suet pastry :)

or Crab cakes :)

calismum
18-08-2008, 08:47 PM
that is a hard one, this is my first thoughts.

to start - tiger prawns with a sweet chilli sauce on a bed of spicy leaves.
soup - my mums veg broth
main - rack of lamb with rosemary, sweet plum sauce, piles of creamy mash and roast parsnips in a demerara crunch coat. Served with - heinz baked beans.
pudding - chocolate anything with chocolate something served with chocolate and chocolate on the side.
coffee to finish

angieh
18-08-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm with you on the chocolate!

dandysmom
18-08-2008, 09:31 PM
When I'm having dinner out if there's nothing chocolate on the dessert menu I usually just skip it ........