PDA

View Full Version : A new worry with Eva

Elaine
29-07-2008, 09:38 AM
I may be being a litle meladramaitic or worrying a little too much but....
Eva, as you all know, pee's in her litter box but poops on the carpet. Last week she had the runs and i wormed her, starved her for a day and had her on boiled chicken for a few days.
Well, the problem now is, there is no evidence that she has pooped for around 3 days now. I can differenciate between her and Bernie, I know he is regular and that its his poop in the liter boxes. Spoke with G last night to ask if he had picked up any of Eva's poops and he said no.
She is eating well and behaving as the Diva does.
I worry because I have had a cat die from hepatic lipidosis and the first we knew anything was wrong was the fact that he wasnt pooping but still eating, within 3 days he became jaundiced and like Eva, he was a very stressy cat and we had to let him go coz it was just to stressfull for him to be treated. With Winston and his CRF, I was often on poop watch, if he hadnt pooped by day 3, I would give him a little laxative or something to help him on his way.
Should I maybe do the same with Eva?
I may give the vet a call and see what he says.

Elaine
29-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Just called the vet. I'm taking her in to be checked.:(

yola
29-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Oh Elaine. This must be so worrying for you. I hope it's just a bit of stress-related retention but a vet check is best and will hopefully allay your fears.

Thinking of you and your lovely fluffy girlie.

random
29-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Oh Elaine poor Eva, could she have pooped somewhere you haven't found it yet? Hope she's ok, I assume the vet will give her a laxative anyway, fingers crossed. x

Erin
29-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Oh Elaine,what a worry for you.Poor Eva :( I hope everything goes well at the vets,keep is posted ((((hugs))))

Elaine
29-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Back now, Eva has gained 0.5 kilos but some of that is poop obviously but stillo we will have to address the fact.
She was so tense and angry that the vet couldnt palpate the colon very well at all to feel just how much poop is there. How ever, she took her temp, which was fine and there was a bit of poop on the thermomiter, which is a good sign. She gave me some Katalax but if Eva doesnt poop within 24 hours she will have to go back to be sedated so they can clear any blockage and investigate whats going on. Fingers crossed she poops.
Sorry for being so graphic, I know its not a pleasant subject but it is a good thing to be on the ball with these things.
On another note, the vet has also given me some Zylkene capsules. These are for stress and behaviour problems, the vet said they have had some good results with it, so we are going to try Eva on it for a while.
Thankyou all for your concern and i am pleased i got her checked out.

Erin
29-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Poor baby,I have everything crossed she does a poop for you,and it doesnt come to her having to be sedated.
Give her big hugs off me and heres some for you too ((((hugs))))

meep
29-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Sorry to hear about poor Eva, Elaine :( Vet trips are always stressful for cats, but it's such a shame that your wee diva is being taken with such a worrying problem. Hopefully the medicine the vet prescribed will help and she'll be back to her normal self soon.

Kazz
29-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Poor old Eva....I hope the tablets to destress her a bit help......must be horrible to live on your nerves all the while

Mags
29-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Poor Eva....I hope "things" will start moving some time today, she must be feeling uncomfortable.

I just had a thought Elaine, you say she had the runs last week, that has probably emptied her system....... it does take a while for it to build up again and get back to normal. I hope it's just something like that .......keep us posted.

Hugs to you and Eva...

angieh
29-07-2008, 12:22 PM
So sorry to read this thread Elaine. Poor Eva - I know how worried you must be. I get anxious when Merlin hasn't pooped, as you know!

I'm going to send "need to poo" thoughts to Eva and "stay calm" thoughts to you - hope they don't get crossed in the ether.

Merlin knows what it's like too and sends puurrrrrs.

Moli
29-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Hope the Katalax works for her, poor girl, thats exactly the same problem Murphy had, since he was cleared he has been fine.....

Elaine
29-07-2008, 03:20 PM
I have just popped in before heading off to my evening cleaning job, no poop yet.

Mags
29-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Hopefully there will be one waiting for you on your return! ;)

Kazz
29-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Hopefully there will be one waiting for you on your return! ;)

You know we all really need to get a life I mean most people are happy to come home to flowers, cup tea, glass wine....etc etc ...we wish Elaine to come home to cat poo..................:roll: .....ladiees we have to start getting out more.

Elaine
29-07-2008, 03:47 PM
You know we all really need to get a life I mean most people are happy to come home to flowers, cup tea, glass wine....etc etc ...we wish Elaine to come home to cat poo..................:roll: .....ladiees we have to start getting out more.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Your right there Kazz.

Moli
29-07-2008, 03:49 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dandysmom
29-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Kazz gave be the giggles with that comment, but seriously, I do hope you come home to a really big poop! At the risk of being a bit graphic, it's true that after the runs you often don't have a movement for a few days....speaking of myself! :oops: I wonder if the tranquilizer will help; poor Eva is such a high strung puss...

Fingers crossed; do report ASAP!!

borderdawn
29-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Any "movement" yet Elaine?

Elaine
29-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Still nothing folks:(

Erin
29-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Oh no :( come on Eva babes,do a big poop for us all xxxx

angieh
29-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Come on sweetheart, you'll feel so relieved!

Mags
29-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Come on sweetheart, you'll feel so relieved!
So will we!! :D

dandysmom
29-07-2008, 08:48 PM
So will we!! :D

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005

If anyone else is unfamiliar with the Zylkene, as I was, here's a link. This is interesting; will ask my vet...Leia gets horribly stressed at her visit.....

http://www.buyzylkene.co.uk/

angieh
29-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Interesting link Eileen - well Sherlocked!

Elaine
29-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Thankyou Eileen, I didnt even think to try to find a link about it.

babycakes
29-07-2008, 08:58 PM
I have just read this Elaine, I hope the Diva is feeling back to her normal self soon X Poor baby

Mags
29-07-2008, 09:06 PM
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005

If anyone else is unfamiliar with the Zylkene, as I was, here's a link. This is interesting; will ask my vet...Leia gets horribly stressed at her visit.....

http://www.buyzylkene.co.uk/

Thanks Eileen, that's a very useful link! ;)

dandysmom
30-07-2008, 02:44 AM
Any news, Elaine?

Elaine
30-07-2008, 06:47 AM
Still nothing:( Just given her a third dose of laxative with her breakfast. If she hasnt pooped by mid morning, I'll have to take my baby back to the vet. Am really quite woried now coz she has always been very regular. She hasnt even been scratching around, which is what she does when she is about to go. I find that really odd.

Erin
30-07-2008, 07:44 AM
oh no :( poor baby,she must feel so uncomfortable.Sending loks of poop vibes up to Evaand hugs for you both ((((hugs))))

Elaine
30-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Thats the weird thing Erin, she is behaving normally, has no temp. I have searched the stairwell and the garden for any sign that she has pooped there and cannt find anything. She is not scratching around and straining as if she wants to but cannt. She has always been a creature of habit, the last poop I cleaned up from her was on Saturday which looked to be a healthy poop.

Elaine
30-07-2008, 08:18 AM
My neighbours now think I am weird as i have just asked them if they have seen and possibly cursed and cleaned up any cat poop. The reply was a little bit of nervous laughter and no, they havent.:(

Mags
30-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Hopefully the laxative will work today Elaine, does her tummy feel hard at all?

Elaine
30-07-2008, 09:09 AM
I hadnt thought to feel it Mags tbh. She has only just eaten the buscuits with the Katalax, so am holding off calling the vet, will wait till around lunchtime to see if that gives the Katalax a chance to kick in.

Elaine
30-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Panick over!!!
Eva pooped!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Just as Bob the Reiki guy arrived, not only did she poop but she pooped in a litter box:shock: :lol:

meep
30-07-2008, 10:51 AM
WELL DONE EVA!

It's always such a relief when you can hear from the other room the scratching of the litterbox, and you run through and voila!

Amazing that she did it in the litterbox too! Maybe Bob's working his magic already? :lol:

angieh
30-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Poor darlings, both of you. Keep us posted.

angieh
30-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Sorry seem to have missed the bit where she pooped! Well done Eva - bet you feel better! Hooray!

yola
30-07-2008, 11:23 AM
That's good news! I think maybe the fear of Bob arriving prompted the evacuation :shock:

Still, I'm glad that the job has been done (so to speak) :D

Mags
30-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Well done Eva.....what a relief!! :lol:

Moli
30-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Not just for Eva either, for us all!!!

Elaine
30-07-2008, 03:48 PM
She is happily soaking up the sunshine just now, but yes it is a releif for every one:lol:

charliebubs
30-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Phew! I missed this thread yesterday, but pleased to hear that the Diva has pooped :) Woo hoo!!!! ;)

dandysmom
30-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Finally! Thank you, Eva; we can relax now!