PDA

View Full Version : I miss my cats...

meep
28-07-2008, 01:34 PM
I've just had a week off work, where I generally relaxed at home and took some well-earned rest.

Now I'm back at work and I'm so used to having them around, I keep expecting a cat to jump up on the desk or to hear a little "meep" from at my feet. I know they're only 10 minutes away and I'll see them in a few hours, but still, it feels so strange to not have them around.

How pathetic am I?! :shock: :lol:

Mags
28-07-2008, 01:52 PM
No you're not pathetic at all, you're just like the rest of us :lol: ........ just goes to show how important our little furry friends are in our lives!;):D

meep
28-07-2008, 01:55 PM
They really are!

I am looking forward to getting home, even though getting in the front door every day is a struggle to stop them running between my legs! We got them a big barrel scratch post which has lots of holes they are supposed to climb in and out of, but we didn't realise how small the holes are! So instead of climbing in it they sit on top of it, and it sits in the corridor opposite the front door. So when I come home there's one sitting on his pedestal, all friendly and purring, and the other tries to run between my legs - they work as a team I tell you ;)

angieh
28-07-2008, 04:24 PM
They've been planning it all day while you've been at work - strategy, tactics, logistics - you name it, they've had the map tables out, the charts, they've synchronised their watches.....

(sorry, just had the whole scene there playing out in my head!)

meep
29-07-2008, 09:00 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

angie, that's hilarious - i can just picture them now! they did look very crafty when i left the house this morning... :wink:

angieh
29-07-2008, 12:30 PM
hmmmmmmmmm wish I could draw cartoons!

meep
29-07-2008, 12:33 PM
You've got me itching to get out my pencil and paper now, and borrow the office scanner ;) I'll see what I can do!

angieh
29-07-2008, 12:34 PM
I look forward to seeing the result meep!

dandysmom
29-07-2008, 04:16 PM
As do I! That could be hilarious!I do love those two characters of yours.....

meep
29-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Thanks angie and dandysmom :lol:

But I can't get the scanner to work, and don't have one at home! May have to resort to Paint on a quiet day in the office :roll:

And here's me sketching a little angel Darcy greeting me at the door, all purrs and leg rubs, with a ninja Stravinsky descending from the ceiling behind me in his full black suit and face mask, ready to run out the door... Does that make sense?!

dandysmom
29-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Very good! I can see it now.......

meep
29-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Speaking of cartoons of cats, have you seen the Simon's Cats series on You Tube? This one's my favourite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ffwDYo00Q

I'll post it in the video section too :) It is just SO my Darcy in the morning. Did I mention he also eats my hair? At the root, near my forehead?!

angieh
29-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Ouch! Yes, I love Simon's Cat vids too - wish I could draw like that. Less is more.

Like the Ninja image meep!