PDA

View Full Version : Merlin update please

Kazz
27-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Come on we need a Merlin health update...is his fur growing back is he feeling better in himself...come on spill the info....:-D

angieh
27-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Thanks for asking Kazz. Did you see the pictures I took for Merlin's birthday? They were actually taken on the day last Friday.

His fur isn't growing very quickly on his throat or on his leg, but it seems to have covered the scar on his little face, although the incision site is still raised a bit like a seam in one's clothes. He will tolerate me giving it a bit of a rub, so it is obviously not paining him. I am hoping that as the weather cools, his fur may start growing again. We are more worried about fleas at the moment! As I put in today's Daily Thread - I Frontlined him last Saturday week but he's still scratching and I've been bitten too. Strangley, in a room that Merlin hardly ever comes in. Anyway extreme vacuuming and flea spray have been applied to the carpet and I will probably phone the vet tomorrow to see if they can recommend an alternative to Frontline for Merlin. He's not terribly keen on this extra hot weather and has been sleeping a lot. Eating reasonably well and drinking and using his litter tray normally.

He was quite funny this morning. I gave him his usual saucer of milk while we were having our breakfast and he drank about half and then walked all around the table till he was the other side of me and was looking as if to say "Where's my milk then?" - he does seem very forgetful (very like MIL!) He did find it again and finished it off but I did have to show him where it was!!!!

Of course, he is an old guy - being forgetful, sleeping lots and yowling are all fairly normal for a dear old chap like him - we take each day as it comes. He still likes his cuddles and I love to be the cuddler while he's happy to be the cuddlee!

Kazz
27-07-2008, 06:29 PM
No did not see the pictures will go and look soz. Glad all is going wellnthe heat does take it out of everyone....not just the older ones....

dandysmom
27-07-2008, 08:56 PM
No did not see the pictures will go and look soz. Glad all is going wellnthe heat does take it out of everyone....not just the older ones....

That's true! Leia is only 9, and becomes even more inactive in the heat and pickier about her food than usual....

Delighted dear Merlin is doing so well.....:D

Moli
27-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Good to har he is doing so well...
The heat bother all mine,they range from 3 to 13....