PDA

View Full Version : "Countdown"

Mags
26-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Des O'Connor has announced he was quitting Countdown in November .......now, two days later, Carol Vorderman has also announced she will be leaving the show at the end of the year.

It has been such a popular show for 25 years and has lots of followers...

Somehow I can't see it surviving the loss of both Carole and Des, can you?

Moli
26-07-2008, 05:39 PM
I used to watch it, and enjoyed it too, but cannot stand Carole Voderman....

yola
28-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Well it looks like Carol's off too . . . seeing as they tried to reduce her salary by some ridiculous percentage :(

Not my fave programme, but it is part of TV heritage now having run for so long.

Kim
29-07-2008, 10:45 PM
I can't blame her for leaving as they wanted to cut her salary by 90% - that's riduiculous. She was prepared to take 30%. If this is true, the programme makers deserve to lose ratings big time. Must admit I'm not a fan of the programme though. I don't dislike it, but never watching TV at that time.

Kazz
29-07-2008, 10:57 PM
My Mom and Dad are gutted.....pure countdown fan material my Mom and Dad........they said its not been the same since Richard Whitley died.....

MrsH
29-07-2008, 11:29 PM
My Mom and Dad are gutted.....pure countdown fan material my Mom and Dad........they said its not been the same since Richard Whitley died.....

I think that's the whole trouble with the programme though, it really was Richard Whiteley's show and he suited the format of it. No one else has been able to make it work for them because they've tried to keep to the exact same format.

I used to love the witty interaction between Richard and hiis guests, it just doesn't work without him.