PDA

View Full Version : My mam is home ... at last

PoshPuss
25-07-2008, 03:28 PM
One month to the day since she was admitted for tests, I brought her back home. She's like a little frightened bunny caught in headlights, feels a bit disorientated but will get there. She's been thru the mill. See thread "Rollercoaster Ride", but last night was the last straw. She's not been gettin any sleep, in a ward of elderly confused ladies. Mam not one to sit by has been helping these dears to the detriment of her own health :shock:
Today I saw her consultant andagreed that nuff was enough! So bags packed and off to go. Will have an angiogram at a later date. Anaemia is resolving itself so she needs some R&R...
Please keep her in your prayers,
Nette xxx

angieh
25-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Oh Nette! Your poor mam - in hospital because she's not well and helping out with the other poor ladies!

Hope you will be able to get help looking after her at home and that she will readjust and relax and start to look after herself and not be worrying about looking after the house, etc. She sounds like a lady who will keep going unless you tie her down!

All good wishes and prayers for her.

Mags
25-07-2008, 03:53 PM
It's good to know your mam is home Nette......... but not the reason why!:roll:

I know it is very difficult in these elderly wards, especially if the others are all confused, It must have been very depressing for her in a situation like that....... I hope she'll pick up now she's home again.

My thoughts are with you both....

Elaine
25-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Wishing your mum a speedy recovery xxx