PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Again

Erin
25-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Jerry was out all night last night,he was enjoying the warm eveing to much to come back in.
I called him in this morning,he came back had some breakfast and wen back out for a while,I called him back in when I went for my interview.
When I came back he was lay on my bed and he was trying to get up but didnt want to put any weigh on his back legs so he just dragged himself round into another position and lay back down.
I picked him up and put him on the floor and he was limping on his back right leg,but he was putting a little weight on it.
I put him back on the bed and he just went back to sleep for a while. He let me have a goodlook at his paw and I can not see any cuts at all,he wasnt crying out in pain or anything.
He has now moved off the bed onto the floor,but is still limping :(
Have called the vets,they said that they think hecould have just strained it some how and to keep an eye on him,if it doesnt improve or im at all worried about to take him down.
Hes absolutely fine in himself,eating and drinking as normal,but is obviously in some discomfort bless him.

angieh
25-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Bless him - what's he done to himself? Landed awkwardly perhaps. Comforting vibes for Jerry and Don't worry vibes for you Erin. I know you'll be fretting until he's not limping any more. Does your vet open over the w/end?

Erin
25-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Bless him - what's he done to himself? Landed awkwardly perhaps. Comforting vibes for Jerry and Don't worry vibes for you Erin. I know you'll be fretting until he's not limping any more. Does your vet open over the w/end?

They are open Saturday morningAngie,then they have emergancy clinic sat afternoon and sunday monday,the rest of the time they have the on call vet available,so if I need to get him seen it wont be a problem.
Im not sure what he has done tbh,he was fine when he came in this morning,in fact he shot in the house to get his breakfast and there was no sign of a limp then :?

angieh
25-07-2008, 03:28 PM
That's a relief. We have to make a 40 min journey to the main practice over a weekend.

Mags
25-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Poor Jerry, I hope his leg will be better soon...:(

I wonder if he could have caught a claw on something and it was pulled and therefore painful to put weight on :? Have you checked his leg to make sure he hasn't had a bite, Erin?

Erin
25-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Poor Jerry, I hope his leg will be better soon...:(

I wonder if he could have caught a claw on something and it was pulled and therefore painful to put weight on :? Have you checked his leg to make sure he hasn't had a bite, Erin?

Yes Mags,he was really good bless him and let me check his whole leg,claws everything.
I double checked after talking to Elaine as she thought it could be a bite,but i cant see anything there at all.
Hes not in any real pain because he is quite heppy to let me have a look and hes not crying out,but hes got a little discomfort there

Kazz
25-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Maybe ..........he has jarred it cats are made of ubber but at ties even they strecth the boundaries a little especialy young healthy Toms like Jerry although I would keep an eye ot for a bite...Oz was bitten once and had blood poisioning before it came to light...keep an eye on him...especialy if he starts licking somewhere relentlessly or one of the others do...always spotted Oz's war wounds from when Cleo licked him...or the dogs......

Jac
26-07-2008, 12:59 PM
How is he Today Erin? I really hope it was a twist or a strain, nothing serious

angieh
26-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Yes, morning Erin - how is Jerry this morning?

Erin
26-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Hes a little better today thankyou :)Hes still limping a little but is walking around today,hes moving about much more than he did yesterday.

dandysmom
26-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Maybe he strained a tendon jumping; glad to hear he's a bit better today.....