PDA

View Full Version : sooty and sweep are home again safe and sound

wooly wonka
24-07-2008, 08:19 PM
thank you to all concerned ,,

my boys are back and home safe as if nothing had ever happened .. you were all so kind to express your support for us when my big boy sooty went a.w.a.l ...
but he is back and i can now get on with my life again ...oh the joy of laying on my back on the sofa and have a big black cat jump on me stick his claws in me and pad me ever so lovingly ...ouchhhhh..

but i don't care ...
god i feel great tonite ...you are all in my heart thank you all again ...

regards ian sooty and the sweepsta ...:D :o :p

EmmaG
24-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Glad to hear they are back safe and sound Ian :)

angieh
24-07-2008, 08:31 PM
So so happy for you that both Sooty and Sweep are back home safely.

Could I suggest that you think about having Sooty neutered and Sweep too if he is still intact. They do tend to wander less and of course, it puts paid to them fathering unwanted kittens.

yola
24-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Ian, I am truly delighted that they are both back home. I must be a major worry of your mind.

Can I be that nag and suggest that neutering is the best option for keeping your cats close to home and safe? I did it with an old black stray boy I adopted who was a spraying, roaming stray and he never ventured far from home again.

HappyKatz
24-07-2008, 08:34 PM
That is wonderful news :cat10 So happy to hear that they are back home & safe :)

Mags
24-07-2008, 08:43 PM
That's wonderful news Ian, I wonder if Sweep went out to find Sooty :?.........whatever....they are back home where they belong!! :D

I agree too, Ian, that if they are both outdoor cats maybe you should seriously consider getting them neutered ........ goodness knows what mischief they have been up to in the days they've been missing.......you may think it's ok for the boys but unfortunately it may result in very many unwanted kittens.
You will also have two lovely boys who will not roam and go missing, causing you worry..;)

kado
24-07-2008, 09:16 PM
So great to hear they are back together.

jane

dandysmom
24-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Very very happy news! I do agree about the neutering, Ian .....think about it.

Grete
24-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Fantastic news they are both home again!!

I can only echo everyone else - please think about having them neutered, it's not a big deal for them and they will be better for it.

farthing
25-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Glad they are home, if they aren't neutered it would be a good idea, not only will it stop wandering, but it will reduce the chance of them catching FIV.
I lost a cat to this recently (he was a rescue and castrated late) and he died last week because of FIV. The vets said its a tom cat disease because it is spread by cat bites, and that its something tom cats are more likely to do than a neutered cat. They can carry it for years, spreading it to other cats and it can then develop into all kinds of problems as it weakens the immune system.

Elaine
25-07-2008, 04:30 PM
I am glad to read that they are home, I hadnt realised they were intact. I echo every one elses feeling on this subject, especially Farthings.
Please do have their nuts chopped, not only will it help them and you but will also help prevent the increase of over population and the risk of disease.

yola
25-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Yes, FIV is what my old ex-stray had too; pretty much the same scenario to Farthing's cat - mine was castrated late in life after a life on the tiles.

It weakened his immune system to the point where he couldn't come through a basic dental without heart failure :(

wooly wonka
27-07-2008, 10:36 PM
my dear cat friend's
thank you all so much for your advise.....

i want to do the right thing by my boy's i.ve also heard that having them let's say..... having their right's taken away from them..... can also increse the risk of cancer is this true ?
.. As ever i am truly endeted to your vast exspiereance in the cat world and relish your answers to my question ?

although it makes sence what you so rightly say ... i could not imagine inflicting such a devistating blow to my
boy's as the big (c) ...

regard's ian sooty sweep xxx

Elaine
27-07-2008, 10:39 PM
I have always been told that by keeping them intact gives a higher risk of testicular and prostrate cancers.

farthing
27-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Hi, I don't know for certain about cats, but I'm sure they are the same as dogs. With dogs the risk of prostrate cancer is unchanged or slightly higher in entire males, this however is easily cured by castration.
Testicular cancer and other prostrate problems are greatly increased in entire males, as well as the risk of being run over, wandering and getting lost and catching viruses and suffering abscesses from fighting.
Hope this helps.