PDA

View Full Version : Kitten

Kazz
22-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Well we have got a kitten. No idea where it comes from or even where it goes its a quick little sucker :-D .....know he/she is about due to a bell on the collar thats almost a bg as his/her head....:roll: ....black white with a red collar and a big bell.....proper inquisitive, but nervous. In the garden or on the fence almost every morning this week.:) Sal keeps looking at him/her but not fussed the kitten that is at being close to a SBT.....:shock: ...hope a little more cat sense settles in soon.....and learns to keep away from dogs.

My mission is to find out where he/she lives can't be far...I'd say about 12/13 weeks old max....making me broody.

kado
22-07-2008, 11:05 AM
I would me as well. Have you got any pictures yet.

Kazz
22-07-2008, 11:13 AM
No mostly seen him/her on my way to work in the mornings, about 5.30/6.00ish....

Mags
22-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Well we have got a kitten. No idea where it comes from or even where it goes its a quick little sucker :-D .....know he/she is about due to a bell on the collar thats almost a bg as his/her head....:roll: ....black white with a red collar and a big bell.....proper inquisitive, but nervous. In the garden or on the fence almost every morning this week.:) Sal keeps looking at him/her but not fussed the kitten that is at being close to a SBT.....:shock: ...hope a little more cat sense settles in soon.....and learns to keep away from dogs.

My mission is to find out where he/she lives can't be far...I'd say about 12/13 weeks old max....making me broody.

Food for thought Kazz! ;):lol:

Kazz
22-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm............maybe not sure. I miss my two not anyone elses cat thats the thing......but I know to get that again I would need to start from scratch however I think the thing holding me back is will my next cat and I get along as well as we all did. Thats what I do not know and I think the more I think about it and disect it the worse it becomes.....as you play out "senario's" almost in your head. not quite but almost.....what if we do not get on, or more what if we do not have the same "bond" as I did with Oz and Cleat that would be terrible and maybe worse what if we have a better "bond/friendship" built on what I earnt from those two which I think it would be more than possible. Would that be disloyal or am I thinking about it to much.................what I need is for a cat/kitten to drop in and stay taking the planning out of my head.

And dont say go see a litter or kittens because I can be hard hearted moreso than the majority realise. and I will/would Ohh and Ahhh but still walk away.

Oh I don't know, maybe not enough time has passed or maybe too much.....Anyhow off out shortly see you all later.

Moli
22-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm............maybe not sure. I miss my two not anyone elses cat thats the thing......but I know to get that again I would need to start from scratch however I think the thing holding me back is will my next cat and I get along as well as we all did. Thats what I do not know and I think the more I thinkabout it and disect it the worse it becomes,I felt a bit the same when I lost my Sam Kazz, introducing a new kitten into my lot was a daunting thought, but luckily they all accepted him......

Kazz
22-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Sorry Moli I edited my post.

Mags
22-07-2008, 11:53 AM
When I lost Sam I was adamant that I didn't want another cat but my hubby and children said I should have one so I eventually gave in.

Cassie was totally different to Sam and I wondered if I would ever feel the same about her as I did him. She eventually got into my heart and now I love her as much as I did Sam but in a different way, if you know what I mean. All cats are different and gaining their trust and affection has to be worked at ....... but in the end you have a friend for life;)

Moli
22-07-2008, 12:03 PM
You never feel the same as the previous ones, My Sam was a very special boy, my boys now are all special in different ways.....
Pity you were not nearer to me Kazz, I know of a little boy who would love you and Sal...

dandysmom
22-07-2008, 04:35 PM
I think you are thinking too much, Kazz! All cats are different, but they all bond in their own way and you love the new one because of who he/she is and getting to know his/her personality and little quirks. The relationship is never the same as before, neither better nor worse, just different! IMO, anyway. Su-ling and Sultan were as different as chalk and cheese, but I loved them both for who they were .....

Kazz
22-07-2008, 07:46 PM
You could be right Eileen.......................

EmmaG
22-07-2008, 08:25 PM
I love Bronwyn in a completely different way to Lucy, and I am so glad we got her. It doesn't detract on how I feel about Lucy because it is completely different and I think it will always be slightly different with each cat.

I would never be without them though, especially if I thought I could give a stray a good home.

Elaine
22-07-2008, 08:25 PM
I think you are thinking too much, Kazz! All cats are different, but they all bond in their own way and you love the new one because of who he/she is and getting to know his/her personality and little quirks. The relationship is never the same as before, neither better nor worse, just different! IMO, anyway. Su-ling and Sultan were as different as chalk and cheese, but I loved them both for who they were .....

I agree with Eileen, for what its worth. Ofcourse a new cat/kitten wont be the same. Thats not to say that it wont be a loving relationship. Look at Eva, completely different to any cat i have ever had, she has her issues but I wouldnt swap her for the world. I adore my Diva, not the lap cat my others have been but she is so funny and has also been a learning curve too:lol:
Now stop analysing so that the kitty can come find you;)

angieh
22-07-2008, 08:33 PM
I agree with everything that's been said Kazz - open your heart and let that little kitten in - you won't know until you do!

dandysmom
22-07-2008, 09:00 PM
There is a kitten or kittens out there wanting to meet you, Kazz....open your heart to a new love affair.....

Moli
22-07-2008, 09:55 PM
There is a kitten or kittens out there wanting to meet you, Kazz....open your heart to a new love affair.....
What a lovely way to put it DM...:)