PDA

View Full Version : sooty gone missing

wooly wonka
21-07-2008, 09:30 PM
hi guy's ,
sorry not been on for age's ....
just dropped by to ask... when your cat go's missing other than the things that i have read on the site ....
how long is it before i suspect the worst sooty has not been to have his bit's done and has had his fair share of battle scares over the last few months ...

i just got to wondering is there a time limit that a cat will stay away from home ?

his brother sweep seem's not to bothered that his big brother has not come home... it's only been 3 days and night's but to me it feel's like a life time.... any idea's welcome

regard's ian and sweep ....

Lorna
21-07-2008, 09:44 PM
I hope Sweep comes home soon Ian, there are many more knowledgeable people on here than me, thinking of you xxxx

kado
21-07-2008, 09:57 PM
I hope sooty does come home soon. I know its a worrying time. The longest kado was missing for was 6hrs i wandered the villiage asking if he had been seen, he was asleep in the bushes. Another cat in the villiage was missing for 12 days and was found in a garage. I know this is a daft question have you ask all your neighbours. Please let us know when he turns up.

jane

angieh
21-07-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm very sorry Sooty is missing. I'm sure somewhere on Catsey there is a useful checklist of all the things you can do to advertise that your cat is missing.

3 days is not very long - worrying I know, but please don't give up hope.

Of course intact tomcats are much more likely to go out on the razzle than neutered animals.

Mags
21-07-2008, 11:41 PM
So sorry to hear Sooty is missing Ian...:(

Have a look at this list for things you can do to try to find him.......

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=19077

I do hope he returns soon......please keep us updated...

wooly wonka
22-07-2008, 08:21 PM
hey you guy's thank you for all your kind word's and wish's...
what ever the out come... i'll be back to let you know how it go's, he has stayed out over night but as of today none of my neighbors have seen him...
the little man has to do what a tom has to do i guess ....
thanks again

regard's ian /sweepy :roll:

Elaine
22-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Oh no, sorry to read this.
Come on Sooty, come home sweety xxx

farthing
22-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Hope Sooty comes home soon.
I know how you feel, our Pumpkin was missing for 6 weeks, we were out every night calling him, and one night I said to Mike," do you think he'll come back", this was just as we were heading to bed. Mike said, "no!". I had a wee cry and we put the lights out, then outside the window I heard a cat yeowl. Jumped out of bed, looked out the window, and there he was, it took us ages to get him inside, luring him in with his brother Mustard (whilst trying to keep Mustard in) no easy task when they are both semi-feral. Anyway, he's always come home since, so don't give up hope.:)

dandysmom
22-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Any news yet, Ian?

wooly wonka
23-07-2008, 10:23 PM
hi you guy's. sorry to say sooty is still missing i know this is hard to belive but sweep's been out all day to, it's 22.18 here in manchester uk and it's a warm night so where ever my boy's are at least they are warm ...
it just haunts me that sooty is hungry and lost ....
sweep missing to would just be to much so i;ll stay up late tonight and listen for the cat-flap on the back door to open and hope that one of my boy's come's home

regards and thank's to you all ian

Lorna
23-07-2008, 10:27 PM
Oh my goodness Ian I'm so sorry to hear they've both gone walkies, it must be this lovely weather we've been having coaxing them out all hours.

I hope you're able to get some sleep xxx

dandysmom
23-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Oh dear! Both gone walkabout; you must be so worried....sending "come home" vibes. Please do let us know.....

Mags
24-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Hope they both come home soon Ian....

If it's any consolation, I have an awful job getting my Cassie in at night lately........ like most cats she just wants to stay outside these warmer nights.

If neither Sooty or Sweep have been neutered, they are more likely to roam further afield and stay away for a few days..:?

yola
24-07-2008, 04:12 PM
Oh I hope at least Sweep has turned up. You must be soooo worried.

I had a job getting Balie in last night too. He's not one for going out but he resolutely refused to leave next door's garden, despite being coaxed with popadoms :shock:

Garden hose worked a treat though . . . ;)

chriswt
25-07-2008, 11:20 AM
All three of our cats have been missing for a 1 or so during the summer and have always come back.

A close friend had her cat go missing for 7 days and then return fit and well.

I'm sure you've had this advice already but it may be a good idea to ask neighbours to look in their sheds etc.

I sincerely hope Sooty returns home soon.