PDA

View Full Version : Sureflap microchip cat flap

neilbrown
21-07-2008, 09:18 PM
A word of warning to anyone considering buying Sureflap. We bought Sureflap from our vet who said he saw them at the small animals congress in April and bought a few to sell to customers.

After having the hole cut in our door we found out that Sureflap will not operate anywhere near metal. The nearest metal object was about two meters away (our washing machine) so we had to move the washing machine at great expense to the other side of the room.

Our troubles did not stop there however. We then found that our cat cannot open the Sureflap correctly because she uses her paw to press on the side of the door. Because Sureflap relies on an infra-red beam before the microchip sensor comes on the door would not open.

After several weeks and much discussion with our vet he kindly agreed to swap it for the Pet Porte microchip cat flap. Thank goodness he did because it works like a charm and he has since stopped stocking the sureflap due to patent infringements and other customers complaints.

So I just wanted to share that with you on the forum. Pet Porte is the original microchip cat flap. Sureflap is a cheaper and inferior copy in my opinion. Also the service I got from Pet Porte is a million times better than what Animal Care provide. I hope this helps.

kado
21-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Thanks for that information it will be very helpful.

jane

fancyabrew
28-07-2008, 12:13 PM
thats lucky I did consider a sureflap but went for a pet porte

diskinc
03-09-2008, 12:44 PM
So did I! Not anymore, it's a Pet Porte for me.

Donna
03-09-2008, 04:41 PM
One of my cats cant use the magnet cat flaps as, as soon as she feels the resistance until the magnet unlocks it, she backs away...

Do the microchip ones open immediately the cat is in the cat flap area?

ZakMcRofl
05-07-2009, 10:11 AM
A word of warning to anyone considering buying Sureflap. We bought Sureflap from our vet who said he saw them at the small animals congress in April and bought a few to sell to customers.

After having the hole cut in our door we found out that Sureflap will not operate anywhere near metal. The nearest metal object was about two meters away (our washing machine) so we had to move the washing machine at great expense to the other side of the room.

Our troubles did not stop there however. We then found that our cat cannot open the Sureflap correctly because she uses her paw to press on the side of the door. Because Sureflap relies on an infra-red beam before the microchip sensor comes on the door would not open.

After several weeks and much discussion with our vet he kindly agreed to swap it for the Pet Porte microchip cat flap. Thank goodness he did because it works like a charm and he has since stopped stocking the sureflap due to patent infringements and other customers complaints.

So I just wanted to share that with you on the forum. Pet Porte is the original microchip cat flap. Sureflap is a cheaper and inferior copy in my opinion. Also the service I got from Pet Porte is a million times better than what Animal Care provide. I hope this helps.

I'm sorry but I have a strong feeling that this was posted by a Pet Porte employee or affiliate. Why? It is the only post by neilbrown and Pet Porte is known for having a strong "anti SureFlat" online campaign.
Check out this thread for impartial reviews by multiple people:
Link removed

EDIT: I have nothing to do with SureFlap, it just pissed me off if that Pet Porte uses the web to bad mouth a competitor, claiming to be a normal person in almost all cases.