PDA

View Full Version : kitties being spayed!

sgw1988
21-07-2008, 10:50 AM
kittens are in being spayed as wel speak :(
can anyone give me some advice about when they come out just basically anything that will make them more comfortable etc...

thanks

Grete
21-07-2008, 11:40 AM
They usually bounce back pretty quickly, they might be dopey and sorry for themselves for a day or so or they might just act like nothing happened ;)

Try and keep them calm(ish) for a couple of days but with kittens I know that's almost impossible ;) Nothing really to worry about unless they won't leave their stitches alone in which case just keep an eye on them and use a cone collar if they persist. They heal pretty quickly really.

Hope they come through just fine and you are among people who worry too :)

Mags
21-07-2008, 11:45 AM
What an important day it is for your kittens :D ........ they'll be fine, we tend to worry about them at a time like this but it's amazing how quickly they recover and bounce back after speying.

When you collect them they may be quiet and sleepy, you can put out a small amount of food for them in case they feel like eating. It's best just to leave them quiet and sleep it off. Cats vary in their reactions to the op, sometimes they are quiet until the next day, others can come home and act as if nothing has happened.

The important thing is to make sure they don't pull at their stitches, they may both be wearing collars which will hopefully prevent them from tugging at the stitches when they start to heal.

I would keep them indoors for a while too..;)

By tomorrow, after a good sleep, they will be back to normal..:D

sgw1988
21-07-2008, 11:48 AM
thank you for your suggestions. they are indoor anyways so dont need to worry about that.
i just want them to be as comfortable as possible, doesn't help that they may have some little jumpy friends :( what a shame i feel so sorry for them.

angieh
21-07-2008, 02:28 PM
You have been a good owner and sensible to have your kitties spayed. They will be much nicer cats without all those hormones to worry them!

Do let us know what your vet says about the unwelcome "guests"!

sgw1988
21-07-2008, 04:47 PM
al done! op went well, they seem to be fine one has a collar on though.
they keep running around, trying to stop them but not really working!! same old kittens! :)

angieh
21-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Glad to hear they are home safe and sound. They'll no doubt sleep well tonight (you can but hope!)

Mags
21-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Glad to hear all went well and you have them home again...:D

kado
21-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Glad there back home.

jane

sgw1988
21-07-2008, 07:54 PM
they keep running around playing im scared stiches are going to come out :(

dandysmom
21-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Unless they're pulling at them, the stitches won't come out; the vets know how to do it. I've never heard of stitches coming out by themselves even with an active cat. Did they get de-flead?

Lorna
21-07-2008, 09:38 PM
How old are your kittens? I'm glad they are doing well x

sgw1988
22-07-2008, 08:32 AM
my kittens are just 5 months, we are going on hol next month so thought it would be best to get them done before we go, they are indoor kittens but very feisty at time thought it would be best all round to get them done, just a choice for us really.
as for de-fleaing, the vet said they didnt find anything :S im so confused, i saw a few when they came home as well, so either the vet didnt check or they are just in the house! i read that they can live dormant for 18months and we have only live their for a year, the people before us had an outdoor cat...... coinscidence!?!? they were frontline a week last thursaday so hopefuly if anything does go on them they will be killed, i have sparyed the whole house with indorex. they go back next thursday for stitches out so if i have seen anymore by then i will speak to the vet again. any other thoughts on this?

S