PDA

View Full Version : Just thought I'd introduce my dogs.

farthing
20-07-2008, 10:30 AM
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk67/halfpenny_bucket/dogs/DSC00046.jpg

Levi, Pepsi, Corrie, Bruno, Deli, Lady and Willow.

Mags
20-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Such beautiful dogs, how on earth did you manage to get them all sat down posing for you?! :D

I've just had a look at your website and now have an explanation to all your lovely animals!:D What a stunning place Halfpenny Farm is......... you care for such a large range of animals too. It must be very rewarding to see the difference you make to their lives.....well done!

Erin
20-07-2008, 01:32 PM
gorgeous doggies :D
Ive just looked at your website too,you do an amazing job for those animals

Jac
20-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Aww you lucky thing.

farthing
20-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Thank you very much for your kind comments, I'm glad you enjoyed the website, it needs a bit of updating but its really a winter evening job.;)

We are the lucky ones to be able to do what we do, and we get a lot of satisfaction, love and enjoyment from it.
We've taken in many animals with problems, but they have always settled in the end, and added to the quality of our lives.

angieh
20-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Just read some parts of your website farthing - some very touching stories - I still have a tear in my eye.

What wonderful work you do - hard I should think, but so rewarding. The Great Cat has blessed you.

farthing
20-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Thank you Angie, it is hard sometimes, especially when you can't save them, or they arrive so damaged, you know they are never going to be "normal" again, but that's OK here, we just compromise.:D

Elaine
20-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Gorgeous dogs, off to take a look at the website now with great interest;)

Elaine
20-07-2008, 07:24 PM
What a fantastic job you do with all those poor animals. I take it you live in the N.East of Scotland then?;) Being an Aberdeen lass myself, I know a little about geography;)
Have recently contacted PAWSS to enquire about becoming a volunteer.:D

random
20-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Lovely dogs!

farthing
20-07-2008, 07:56 PM
What a fantastic job you do with all those poor animals. I take it you live in the N.East of Scotland then?;) Being an Aberdeen lass myself, I know a little about geography;)
Have recently contacted PAWSS to enquire about becoming a volunteer.:D

Hi Elaine, yes we are in Aberdeenshire and did in fact do fostering for PAWSS, but found it quite difficult to hand over animals we'd fostered without worrying about their future.
It was good though because it helped us decide on the road we wanted to take, and that was to take in animals who had no other options, ones who were old, had behavioural problems or health problems which made them unlikely to find a home elsewhere. In fact our last cat, Misty was a PAWSS cat.They asked us to take her on, because at 18 they didn't think she was rehomeable, and a lucky break for us it was because she is a lovely old girl.
Hope to meet up with you then as I am still in contact with Suzanne in PAWSS.
What animals are you looking to foster, just cats ,or others.

Elaine
20-07-2008, 08:03 PM
I was hoping I could help with transport etc, as much as i'd love to be in a position to foster, I live in a small flat in the city centre with two cats and a hamster. Bernie, and Midge (the hamster) would probably enjoy meeting new animals but sadly the Diva simply will NOT have such goings on under her roof. But maybe one day when we have a bigger and better property...

farthing
20-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Ok, I know they will appreciate transport, as they cover quite a wide area and it is alway better for two to go somewhere.
Good luck and let us know how you get on, the more people involved with rescue the better.:D

Sounds like Diva lives up to her name then.