PDA

View Full Version : Jet at Vet today

andrew021
18-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Had Jet at Vet earlier for her annual injection.

It was a half hour car journey to get there and she didnt stop crying, even worse in the Vet clinic, it was busy with dogs barking etc...... so she was a nervous wreck sittng at back of her carry case.

She wouldnt come out of her carry case and I ended up covered in hair, she was shaking and sweating through her paws, the Vet's table was covered in wet paw prints.

At least she is in good health and thats over for another year.

Got her home and give her fresh water and some prawns as a treat for being a good girl. Had to go in to work so she will probably sleep most of the day and get over her ordeal.

Mags
18-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Glad to hear Jet is in good health, Andrew...:D

Some cats really do get themselves in a state about going to the vet, don't they........I had to take Cassie for her annual booster and health check last Tuesday and there was hair and claws flailing all over the place! :lol:

How about a pic of the lovely Jet, we haven't seen one for a long time? ;)

Tink
18-07-2008, 07:55 PM
aww, glad to hear she is doing well. my two older cats ALWAYS poop on the way to the vet...last week i had to bring both of them on my own (my OH bailed out at the last minute..grrr) and it was quite an ordeal..i really had to stick my head out the window..LOL! thank goodness the vet techs cleaned em up for me..phew. my youngest, kuan yin, likes the car and jumps in the back with the dogs like she's part of the pack..but gets really angry in a carrier. these kitties, i tell ya...LOL.

angieh
18-07-2008, 08:40 PM
So glad Jet is clear for the year Andrew.

Poor girlie - hope the prawns and some sleep will calm her nerves! They don't understand, bless them.

dandysmom
18-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Poor Jet! It's such a traumatic experience for them; and I know they sense our tension and that makes it worse! I hope she enjoyed the prawns, poor baby!

Elaine
18-07-2008, 11:37 PM
Poor Jet, Eva sympathises wi8th her co9mpletely.
My new vet doeswnt try to force her out of her carry case, just lifts the top half off and waits for her to relax a little. They also off er me a qiet room to wait in, away from dogs etc.
Gl;ad she is ok though xxx