PDA

View Full Version : Food help!

naomi_82
17-07-2008, 09:22 PM
hi,

I have been researching on the net for a few days now trying to find the best foods for my new kitties.

I have read quite a few threads on here about foods and found out lots of the very bad ones but can you all recommend some good ones? I am open to price range as I just want to be able to make an informed decision. I want to feed them a mix of wet n dry.

Suggestions please!

Naomi xx

keziah
17-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Hi Naomi,

If you are looking for foods that are high in meat content and not full of artificial fillers and additives then I have found that Natures Menu wet food and James Wellbeloved Dry Food are quite good. You can get them at most pet shops. Like you even I had to read up a lot on the net. Applaws is also a good wet food, but as it has no added minerals and vitamins, it is more as a supplementary food that you can feed your kitties now and then. Hope this helped.

naomi_82
17-07-2008, 09:34 PM
thanks keziah,

yes I'm looking for foods that are full of good stuff not artificial things and colourings!

keziah
17-07-2008, 09:43 PM
As far as I have found out Naomi, Natures Menu is 75% real meat as it reads on the pouch and doesnt contain any artificial stuff in it which is good, and that is what I am feeding Figo at the moment. I used to feed him Royal Canin, but I have found that James Wellbeloved is better in terms of quality of ingredients, hence I switched to JWB.

Elaine
17-07-2008, 10:23 PM
I am sure I read some where that Pets @ HOme are taking out their own brand of food which is gluten free, dairy free etc etc.

charliebubs
18-07-2008, 01:55 PM
I agree that Natures Menu and Applaws are both good foods without additives etc

Arden Grange and Burns are other good dried foods. :)

naomi_82
18-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Thankis for all the replies! There's quite a good pet shop near me that stocks burns, natures menu etc so I shall have a look i there.

I feed my chocolate labrador burns food, i didn't realise they made cat food too!

only a week til we get the kittens now!

Naomi x

charliebubs
18-07-2008, 03:58 PM
Thankis for all the replies! There's quite a good pet shop near me that stocks burns, natures menu etc so I shall have a look i there.

I feed my chocolate labrador burns food, i didn't realise they made cat food too!

only a week til we get the kittens now!

Naomi x

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!! :smt041 :smt041

I bet you can't wait. We'll need to see pics as soon as you have the babies. :-D