PDA

View Full Version : Murphy's story....

Moli
16-07-2008, 11:03 PM
We have managed to track down Murphys owner, needless to say they do not want him back:evil: they would not be getting him back anyway..
They took him in as a stray when he was about 18 months old, he is now 10....they got a new cat, and Murphy did not get on with it, so shut Murph in a cupboard!!!!hence why he is so frightened and runs to his bed when he gets scared:evil:
They said they thought he had been run over, he had somehow got out, we think they dumped him, he has no desire to go outside at all..He seemingly disappeared 10 days ago, and they did not even report it!!!...as far as they are concerned they are pleased he is gone:evil:
I am so pleased I did not talk to them!!!!:twisted:
All this explains so much....
He has put on weight, his eyes have cleared up, his tum is fine now, and he is begining to trust...everything has to be done very slowly.....his points have darkened, and he has got a sheen on his coat now too...
Now all I have to do is find a suitable home for him:?
Sometimes I really hate people!!!!:twisted:

Mags
16-07-2008, 11:17 PM
How can people just dump/get rid of their pet because it serves no purpose to them anymore is beyond me.:mad:

It's a good thing you have taken him in (temporarily;)) ......you have already worked wonders with the poor boy and he is learning to trust people again.

It going to have to be a very special home offered to him before you let him go ;)

Sounds like he has come on leaps and bounds already..:)

Grete
16-07-2008, 11:20 PM
All I can say is Karma, do thy thing ;)

Poor boy, so glad you rescued him. Fingers crossed for the forever home he deserves :)

alexgirl73
16-07-2008, 11:49 PM
I can't say what I'm thinking on this forum!!! I look forward to hearing that he is in his forever home sometime soon.

smudgley
17-07-2008, 07:29 AM
:evil: idiots :evil:

You talk about how his condition has improved, isn't it amazing what a different environment & some TLC can do to a cat. :cool:

I've had some smelly old tom cats in here in the past, ones whose white patches are grey & their coats are oily looking and smelly. But a clean bed & a bit of love & they really blossom. :cool:

yola
17-07-2008, 10:00 AM
How horrible. What will happen when they get fed up of their existing cat?? People like that; who treat animals as disposable items, are the scum of the earth as far as I'm concerned :evil:

I'm so happy that Murphy's found you and his little life can start to be turned around :D

Moli
17-07-2008, 12:09 PM
:evil: idiots :evil:

You talk about how his condition has improved, isn't it amazing what a different environment & some TLC can do to a cat. :cool:

I've had some smelly old tom cats in here in the past, ones whose white patches are grey & their coats are oily looking and smelly. But a clean bed & a bit of love & they really blossom. :cool:Very true Smudgley, all this little boy wants, is to be, fed, be warm and get loads of cuddles....:? Not much to ask for!

angieh
17-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Expletives deleted!!!!!

Poor Murphy - I really hope Karma does his/her bit!

Elaine
17-07-2008, 01:27 PM
That made me cry, poor boy xxx
Was anything mentioned about his eye sight?
I have a quiet week next week, can I come and pay him a visit?
only if you feel up to a wee visitation though;)

Moli
17-07-2008, 01:28 PM
That made me cry, poor boy xxx
Was anything mentioned about his eye sight?
I have a quiet week next week, can I come and pay him a visit?
only if you feel up to a wee visitation though;)
Think that will be ok Elaine, am feeling much better today...

I tried to get info from the owners vet about his sight, but they will not tell me anything....so no further forward there...

Elaine
17-07-2008, 01:37 PM
I am just wondering if by the previous owners shutting him in the cupboard may have anything to do with his blindness? You know, a sort of pit pony syndrome thing? If he was locked in a dark cupboard for long perioids over the years, I say that but it may not have been like that at alll, surely that would affect his eye sight?

Mags
17-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Just had a thought Moli ........ if the owner's vet won't tell you anything about him, couldn't your vet contact them and request his medical details so that they know his history and how to treat him? :?

Elaine
17-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Just had a thought Moli ........ if the owner's vet won't tell you anything about him, couldn't your vet contact them and request his medical details so that they know his history and how to treat him? :?

Good thinking batman:lol:

charliebubs
17-07-2008, 02:18 PM
OMG - that's so awful :cry: Poor, poor Murphy.

Some people do make me so angry and upset. How anyone could treat another living thing like that is beyond me :?

I'm so pleased that he's improving so well and so quickly, Pat. It sounds as though he's really coming out of himself. Well done to you and your family.

Give him a gentle hug from me. xx

dandysmom
17-07-2008, 04:36 PM
I don't dare say what I think about those horrible people, may they come back as cockroaches! Poor Murphy, it's a wonder he has been able to trust humans at all! Bless you, Moli, for what you've done for him to turn his life around.....

Moli
17-07-2008, 07:26 PM
He is not being treated by my vet Mags, the CP use the same vet as the owner, he has been to them twice, and it took a bit of detective work by the cordinator to find his owners....:roll:
I tend to think maybe he has been blind quite a while though...

I too cried when I heard about him, now I am just B****y angry....no animal deserves that!!!:twisted:

Kazz
17-07-2008, 08:12 PM
How can you lock a cat in a cupboard....................por lad....no wonder he loves it at yours so much and why his points were not dark no different enviromental/heat changes...static heat in the cupboard so his body would not have to compensate for colder/warmer....

Grete
18-07-2008, 05:49 AM
Just beggars belief that someone could just lock a cat in a cupboard :( With so much help available with rehoming etc, there is just no excuse at all. Poor, poor boy.

Sweet
18-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Hugs from me and my lot here Moli, I hope if he cannot stay with you, you find him a loving caring home, ;) perhaps he will stay? x

kado
18-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Give Murphy a big hug from me he sounds such a nice boy. He now has the chance now that he didnt have before.

jane

Moli
18-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Hugs from me and my lot here Moli, I hope if he cannot stay with you, you find him a loving caring home, ;) perhaps he will stay? x
He cannot stay with me, 3 of my boys do not like him, and he is non too keen on any of them apart from Casper....He needs a 1 to 1, where he can be spoilt and loved as he deserves to be...
Will admit, it going to be difficult seeing him go though, he follows me around like a little dog..:? But I will find him a lovely new home, no matter how long it takes...;)

Elaine
18-07-2008, 11:42 PM
Would you like me to ask around for a suitable home?
I would be very choosy about who I asked as he deserves so much more than he has had oin the past.
Poor baby really deserves some where special. I know you are doing good by him but cannt b e easy if your others are'nt happy about him being there.
If i can help in any way just let me know.

Moli
19-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Would you like me to ask around for a suitable home?
I would be very choosy about who I asked as he deserves so much more than he has had oin the past.
Poor baby really deserves some where special. I know you are doing good by him but cannt b e easy if your others are'nt happy about him being there.
If i can help in any way just let me know.
Funny that, its exactly what I was going to ask you Elaine, he needs someone who know Siamese, and has a lot of patience......I know you would be choosey, I am doing everything for him, homecheck etc, so between us sure we could find him the home he deserves...;)

Elaine
19-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Funny that, its exactly what I was going to ask you Elaine, he needs someone who know Siamese, and has a lot of patience......I know you would be choosey, I am doing everything for him, homecheck etc, so between us sure we could find him the home he deserves...;)

I'm on it.;)

Phoenix
21-07-2008, 07:11 PM
I don't dare say what I think about those horrible people, may they come back as cockroaches! Poor Murphy, it's a wonder he has been able to trust humans at all! Bless you, Moli, for what you've done for him to turn his life around.....

More like may they come back as fleas!

Moli
21-07-2008, 07:17 PM
I have today, discovered he has only been blind about 2 years, now I am having a right time trying to find out what has caused the blindness, and if it can be retified...Would be lovely, if he could regain his sight.....

Elaine
21-07-2008, 07:45 PM
http://cats.about.com/cs/healthissues/p/eyes_blindness.htm

How did you manage to find that out?

yola
21-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Blind :shock: :shock: I must've missed that. OMG and his owners just left him to his own devices? Serious shame on them :(

I'm sure there is someone out there who has recently lost a beloved oriental/siamese who is just longing for a special soul to love.

I have every faith in you two that the right caring and understanding owner will be found.

Moli
21-07-2008, 07:51 PM
http://cats.about.com/cs/healthissues/p/eyes_blindness.htm

How did you manage to find that out?
Ther cordinator has been digging;) She is going to find out what caused the blindness...
I have also been in touch with Siamese Rescue Scotland...

Kazz
21-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Surely the vets who teated him before and are treting him now must know something have they not got to tell you?????

Moli
21-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Surely the vets who teated him before and are treting him now must know something have they not got to tell you?????
tried that Kazz, they will not tell me anything..:roll:

Elaine
21-07-2008, 08:25 PM
I think thats ridiculous. Its obviously a pre-existing condition that they have already seen him about prior to being in the hands of the CP. Its not like you are asking them for the previous owners bank details. If they know anything about the cats previous medical history, you'd think they'd inform the CP.
What if the previous owners called the vet themselves and asked them to inform the CP of his medical background.
Either this vet wants to make money out of having the CP re-run any tests etc or they are hiding behind the fact that they knew this cat had been neglected.
Thats my conspiracy theory.

dandysmom
21-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Sounds like a good theory to me, Elaine! I can't fathom why they would refuse to release the information otherwise.......

Jac
22-07-2008, 12:31 AM
With Auntie Elaine and Moli on the case this little boy will get a fantastic home. After all that's what all animals deserve.

I got a sickly dog in,. Not only did the Vet tell me what had been going on with him he gave me all the results with paper work.
When a person gives up there cat/dog they give up the right of patiant confidently

farthing
22-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Just a wee thought about Murphy, possibly the vet has very little info on him, often animals aren't seen at the vet until they are taken in to be PTS. If they were so uncaring I doubt they had any checks done to find out what was wrong.

Has he been tested for diabetes, this can cause eye problems and excessive peeing, perhaps the new cat was a coincidence, or the stress brought it to a head.

Still can't understand why people dump animals when there are rescue organisations around, there is no excuse.

kado
22-07-2008, 01:35 PM
I totaly agree with you farthing about people dumping animals and not giving them a care in the world. At least Murphy is getting the care now that he deserved all his life.

Moli
22-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Just a wee thought about Murphy, possibly the vet has very little info on him, often animals aren't seen at the vet until they are taken in to be PTS. If they were so uncaring I doubt they had any checks done to find out what was wrong.

Has he been tested for diabetes, this can cause eye problems and excessive peeing, perhaps the new cat was a coincidence, or the stress brought it to a head.

Still can't understand why people dump animals when there are rescue organisations around, there is no excuse.
I had him tested for everything, just to make sure...
He was last at the vets 2 years ago, then for some reason they stopped taking him, we do know he was not blind the last time the vet saw him...so the only person who can tell us what happened to him is his previous owner...

farthing
22-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Oh, Ok.

The only other thing that I can think of that may have caused his blindness is high blood pressure, but if that's been checked too, its very strange.
Were his eyes weepy when you got him.

I suppose it could have been an infection, left untreated.

I do sometimes wonder about people, how do they sleep at night.

Kazz
22-07-2008, 07:34 PM
What a shame....has he any sight at all?

Moli
22-07-2008, 07:40 PM
What a shame....has he any sight at all?
Iam sure he can see a small amount, he follows the dogs around the kitchen with his eyes, and he comes up to me and looks straight at me...