PDA

View Full Version : Mamma Mia!

PoshPuss
16-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Has anyone here seen it yet?
Two of my work colleagues have and they said it was fantastic. I love Abba's music but have never seen the stage show, would love to do both, stage and film.:D
My plan was to go and see the movie with my mother for her birthday July 11th but twas not to be :(
Listened to the film soundtrack in work today, I didn't think the men ( Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth) made a bad effort, what do you think ?:lol:
Nette x

Mags
16-07-2008, 05:37 PM
I would love to see it.......... my daughter saw it last Friday and she said it was brilliant. She has been playing all her Abba CD's since! :lol:

angieh
16-07-2008, 05:53 PM
I would like to see it - "feel good" films are few and far between I think.

Kim
17-07-2008, 12:07 AM
I would love to see this. As you say a feel good movie , I love Abba too and apparently it's filmed on Skiathos, so wopuld definitely put you in holiday mode! We have not long come back from seeing 'Prince Caspian' (which was excellent) and my daughter & foster child saw 'Hancock'. Mama Mia was sold out - mind you it is cheap night (all tickets £3.50) at our local cinema.

charliebubs
17-07-2008, 02:22 PM
I'd love to see it!! I think I'm going next week with my family :) I'll let you know what I think if you haven't all beaten me to it!!! ;)

calismum
06-08-2008, 11:40 PM
Have been twice - if you've not been, go - it's great. Everyone clapped at the end of it!

PoshPuss
07-08-2008, 10:32 AM
NO SPOILERS !

WOW! Went to see it last night and it was worth the wait. All my friends who'd gone said it was a happy film and that they'd gladly go again so I was hoping I wouldn't be disappointed. I wasn't. I took my mam, he first time out in the evening since the heart attack, she was thrilled and chuckled throughout the film. As for a feel good movie, you can't beat it. Just enter into the infectious spirit of it and enjoy. Yes, we sang and clapped at the end too.
PLEASE GO! It'll do you the world of good.

yola
07-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Do you know, I just might. I'm feeling very jaded at the moment and in need of some lifting of spirits and this sounds great . . . I love Abba's music too :D

PoshPuss
07-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Oh do go Yola! You'll love it. :-D :-D :-D

pinklizzy
07-08-2008, 01:56 PM
I went to see it last week with my mum and sister. I'm not a massive ABBA fan but I do love Colin firth! It was a great feel-good film, I was on a high for a couple of days afterwards :cool: Everyone should go and see it!

calismum
07-08-2008, 06:01 PM
yola, you must go. My friend that came with me the first time I seen it was a bit down and she said it really lifted her.

Kim
07-08-2008, 11:14 PM
My daughter went to see it (at The Odeon, Leicester Square no less) on Monday, she said it was fab and that I MUST go and see it!

PoshPuss
09-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Must go again. My girlfriends are talking about going next Thursday, we've all seen it once already. May go in 70's dress :lol:

angieh
09-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Our small independent cinema just sent out their usual email with programme details for the next 2 weeks. Nearly all screenings of Mamma Mia are already sold out!

janey83
15-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Ive just been to see it and omg i loved it. Goin it watchin it again with my mum on wednesday and i cant wait.

Elaine
06-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Going this evening, taking Emma out for her birthday. really looking forward to it.

calismum
06-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Just seen on TV that some cinemas are now doing a sing a long version.

Going to see if I can get a group together and go along for 3rd time!

Elaine
06-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Loved it, haven't laughed so much, so loud and so hard for ages:lol:

Mags
07-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Glad you enjoyed it Elaine, my daughter saw it weeks ago and loved it...:D

alexgirl73
10-10-2008, 05:08 PM
I finally saw it last week. raechel and I went, and we had such a fab time. She has put this down as a must have on her DVD list for Christmas lol.

Erin
10-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Ive been 5 times now,I absolutely love,its the best feel good movie EVER!!!! Such a natural high!!

calismum
11-10-2008, 11:48 PM
Ive been 5 times now,I absolutely love,its the best feel good movie EVER!!!! Such a natural high!!

I was going to post yesterday that I'd been 3 times and then stopped myself as I thought you'd all think I was mad - however I'm obviously a mere beginner:lol: :lol:

It is just so good. The last one we went to was a singalong - great fun.

CM

Erin
12-10-2008, 08:39 AM
I was going to post yesterday that I'd been 3 times and then stopped myself as I thought you'd all think I was mad - however I'm obviously a mere beginner:lol: :lol:

It is just so good. The last one we went to was a singalong - great fun.

CM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I cant get enough of it CM, I could go and see it everyday and not get bored,its fab!!! The lastone I went to was a sing along too,I just love it, I cant wait for the dvd to come out!!!

Mags
12-10-2008, 10:16 AM
The video is being released on 24th November ......... I reckon there will be lots of people getting it for Christmas too! :D

Erin
12-10-2008, 05:17 PM
The video is being released on 24th November ......... I reckon there will be lots of people getting it for Christmas too! :D

hmmmmmm thats only 2 days after my birthday,may just tell my dad I dont mind waiting 2 days for my pressie :lol: :lol: