PDA

View Full Version : sometimes i get so jealous...

Tink
16-07-2008, 12:43 AM
okay, this may be dumb but do any of you feel jealousy with your fuzzbutts (cats, dogs, etc.) affection toward your significant other?
i'm home all day and scoop poop, provide food, clean water dishes, clean cages, try to bond and interact and provide enrichment and THEN...
daddy gets home from work and all he has to do is sit down with a beer and totally ignore them and they are all over him loving him to death.
is this a normal emotion? sometimes i feel like i should just leave the house or ignore them like him and they would love me more...
sorry, just had to get that out.

Grete
16-07-2008, 06:30 AM
Hehe I am with you there Tink :) Before the little bundle of love that is Fizz came along, I used to get very jealous because Bubbles would go to Tony for fuss and affection rather than me. And I would be the one to feed her and be in all day ;)

I think it is normal to feel like that, we lavish so much love on them and the fickle but wonderful creatures decide the person who hasn't been there for aaaages is more interesting ;)

yola
16-07-2008, 10:03 AM
I can't say I've ever felt this jealously, no. However when Balie was younger, OH used to get jealous when I made of fuss of the cat and not him . . . :shock:

Samz5
16-07-2008, 11:11 AM
I think the reason they are all over your partner is because he ignores them, in cat body language its quite polite to not make eye contact/ look/ stare at one another, so in he comes and completely ignores them and they find that really good manners and make a fuss of him!
Apparently this is why when someone is scared of cats enters a household of cats they love that person, and are all over them.... I have a friend who really didn't like cats and my cats love her far more than any other guests we have come over here, where as other people come in and want to stroke my cats are looking for the cats and staring at them trying to get their attention and the cats get quite wary and are less affectionate to these people.
Thats my theory anyway.

Anyway the person who feeds them will always be no1, whether they show it or not !

angieh
16-07-2008, 11:20 AM
I can't say I've ever felt this jealously, no. However when Balie was younger, OH used to get jealous when I made of fuss of the cat and not him . . . :shock:

My OH too, Yola! I told him it was not becoming in an adult man to be jealous of a small furry cat!

I think the reason they are all over your partner is because he ignores them, in cat body language its quite polite to not make eye contact/ look/ stare at one another, so in he comes and completely ignores them and they find that really good manners and make a fuss of him!
Apparently this is why when someone is scared of cats enters a household of cats they love that person, and are all over them.... I have a friend who really didn't like cats and my cats love her far more than any other guests we have come over here, where as other people come in and want to stroke my cats are looking for the cats and staring at them trying to get their attention and the cats get quite wary and are less affectionate to these people.
Thats my theory anyway.

Anyway the person who feeds them will always be no1, whether they show it or not !

So True! My dad hated cats, but whenever he came to my house he was the centre of attention for Merlin and Smudge! Poor Daddy!!!

Currently, Merlin either goes to sleep on OH's lap in the afternoon or MIL's lap in the evening. Never mine! I just put this down to the fact that they are both warmer-blooded than me and Merlin wants the warmth. Cats will go where they get what they want/need!

No need to feel jealous Tink - but it's good that you got that out of your system. :D

dandysmom
16-07-2008, 04:53 PM
I think SamZ has nailed it. When my cat-fearing aunt and my cat loving uncle came to visit, who did the cat do directly to? Always!!

It's good to vent sometimes, Tink!

keziah
16-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Hey Tink, you are not the only one, I get a bit jealous now and then of my hubby sometimes as he is Figo's hero. Always goes to him for cuddles and purrs and comes me only if I have something to eat in my hand! :) I just pick him up and get my share of purrs myself lol :)

kado
16-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Kado was my first cat but he goes to OH all the time. Simon is 1000% mine and wont go to anybody else. My daughters get jealous and guinness does too.