PDA

View Full Version : How is Merlin

Kazz
15-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Well Angie come on update us......how is Merlin now?

Moli
15-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Funny, I was thinking about him this morning...

angieh
15-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Thanks for asking Karen and Moli -

He is coming along just fine. He is doing all things normally - just waiting for his fur to grow back around his throat and on his leg where he was shaved and around the incision on his face. It seems to be taking ages. I mentioned in another thread that he could probably do with borrowing fur from other cats who seem to have too much of it! Not at all sure how long it should take.

Are there any supplements, do you know, that help in the growing of fur?

But other than that, he seems to be fine. And, although I hesitate to say this ...... I think he might be putting on a bit of weight which he could do with.

Moli
15-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Not sure about something to make his fur grow...I could send you down some of Northern Merlins fur, he has way too much at the mo!:roll: .
Really pleased to hear he is recovering and putting on weight...:D

yola
15-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Good news to hear he's mending well. As for the fur . . . from personal experience (my cats not me :shock: :shock: :shock: ) the fur seems to take ages to start growing back and then all of a sudden just appears overnight!

meep
15-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Great news to hear about Merlin on the mend :)

There are herbal remedies that you might want to try? The people who make Rescue Remedy ( I swear by this, for human and animal stress problems) also make things for pets. I've never looked into each one, but you could see what's available?

But that's only if it floats your boat. I understand some people aren't comfortable giving their pets anything the vet didn't prescribe, and it is sensible not to if he's just had an operation... I'm just thinking more along the lines of hair growth!

dandysmom
15-07-2008, 04:37 PM
This may be a bit off the wall, but do you think the fur regrowth might be slower in the Summer heat? I'm quite sure they don't make a Rogaine equivalent for cats!
Great to hear the dear old boy is doing well.....

Kay
15-07-2008, 08:42 PM
In Persians we bath them regularly to increase the hair growth but I doubt very much that Merlin will agree to that. The hot weather probably will slow the growth rate down bu it will be back before you know it.

Kazz
15-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Same with Cleo no hair then all of a sudden...her gur was back.....glad all is going well....the fur that grows back will be baby soft too when it comes in lovely......

random
15-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Glad he is doing well Angie. I knwo that some fish oil in the food and gently grooming over the baldy bits can help stimulate hair regrowth in dogs so maybe worth a try! His nephew sends a gentle nuzzle! x

random
15-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Not sure about something to make his fur grow...I could send you down some of Northern Merlins fur, he has way too much at the mo!:roll: .
Really pleased to hear he is recovering and putting on weight...:D

It's madness here with loose hair at the moment too, like tumble weed down the hall daily! :shock:

angieh
16-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Merlin sends purrrrrrs and thanks to his kind Catsey aunties for their suggestions. He wonders if his mum will take the hint about the obviously good oil to be found in a tin of salmon? (Of course she will, next time a tin is opened for humans!)

Merlin had a very distinct stripe in his fur right across the front of his chest just under his neck. I find it quite intriguing to see that his skin is dark in the stripe line. Obvious perhaps, but amazing to me! Not often we see them "au naturel".

dandysmom
16-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Merlin sends purrrrrrs and thanks to his kind Catsey aunties for their suggestions. He wonders if his mum will take the hint about the obviously good oil to be found in a tin of salmon? (Of course she will, next time a tin is opened for humans!)

Merlin had a very distinct stripe in his fur right across the front of his chest just under his neck. I find it quite intriguing to see that his skin is dark in the stripe line. Obvious perhaps, but amazing to me! Not often we see them "au naturel".

Angie, that astounded me too when I first saw it! When Misty was spayed they shaved a rather large area on her tum and I could not believe that her skin was white under the light fur and grey under the dark fur! I've never seen a shaved tortie (Patches was spayed before I got her); would love to know if it's the same, especially with the brindled ones!

Mags
16-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Angie, that astounded me too when I first saw it! When Misty was spayed they shaved a rather large area on her tum and I could not believe that her skin was white under the light fur and grey under the dark fur! I've never seen a shaved tortie (Patches was spayed before I got her); would love to know if it's the same, especially with the brindled ones!

Cassie's skin is black under her black fur, white under the white fur and a beige colour under the ginger ............ she would look like a map of the world if she ever lost all her fur! :-D

dandysmom
16-07-2008, 07:49 PM
[/b]
Cassie's skin is black under her black fur, white under the white fur and a beige colour under the ginger ............ she would look like a map of the world if she ever lost all her fur! :-D

Thanks for that. Mags! I did wonder; now I know! I am trying to visualize a completely bald Cassie .... boggles the mind! :-D