PDA

View Full Version : Litter Locker...

charliebubs
14-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Does anyone else have one of these?

I got one the other week and think it's brilliant. It locks away the dirty litter and keeps it smell-free and is so easy to dispose of when full.

A big thumbs up from me. :-D :-D

bobbie3917
14-07-2008, 04:53 PM
nope but im off to have a look at one now

Fran
14-07-2008, 04:55 PM
No, but I have been tempted to in the past! Might look into getting one if they are good Charlie :D

Moli
14-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Jac has one Charlie, says they are brilliant....

Tanya
14-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Yes I have one too! ;) I got it from Pets at Home when there was a Special Offer on. I got it cheaper with the Catsan litter. Its great for containing the smell. ;)

Jac
14-07-2008, 06:38 PM
I had one and thought it was great. I use Worlds Best now and dont need it.

charliebubs
14-07-2008, 10:41 PM
I had one and thought it was great. I use Worlds Best now and dont need it.

Is that because you flush it down the loo now?

I'm not looking for an arguement before one starts ;) I've been flushing it down the loo as well up to now, but I read an article on a possible link between flushed cat poo and marine life and dolphins dying :cry:

I'll see if I can find the link - but that's why I decided it would be better to bag it and bin it :)

charliebubs
14-07-2008, 10:42 PM
This wasn't the link I saw before, but it gives the general idea :)

http://dolphinembassy.blogspot.com/2007/09/dispose-of-properly-please.html

Mags
14-07-2008, 10:52 PM
This wasn't the link I saw before, but it gives the general idea :)

http://dolphinembassy.blogspot.com/2007/09/dispose-of-properly-please.html

I didn't know that Charlie...... not that I have ever flushed cat litter down the loo,:)

Thanks for bringing that to our notice,,,,, there is enough pollution in the sea already which is harming sealife...

Fran
14-07-2008, 10:56 PM
I have never flushed my litter down the loo, I wouldn't dream of it :shock: Very interesting link Charlie! I certainly won't be flushing down the loo in future either!

meep
15-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Zooplus are currently doing hte litter locker half price!

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_litter_litter_boxes/litter_locker/99673#more

I am tempted by this, as the daily trips to the bins outside is a pain - does it really contain ALL odour?

charliebubs
15-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Hi Meep!

Yes, I have found that it does contain all odour. But if there was a really stinky something in there I'd just empty it and start again :)

I got mine from Zooplus too on offer ;)

meep
15-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Sounds great :) Very tempted, even though I ordered a furminator last night and waiting for THAT to arrive. :roll:

One thing - is it not a bit...icky, with all the poop in the bin kinda going a bit off? I mean, obviously i put each one in an individual sealed bag, but that is ok too?

And do you keep yours near to the litter trays themself?

Thanks!

charliebubs
15-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Sounds great :) Very tempted, even though I ordered a furminator last night and waiting for THAT to arrive. :roll:

One thing - is it not a bit...icky, with all the poop in the bin kinda going a bit off? I mean, obviously i put each one in an individual sealed bag, but that is ok too?

And do you keep yours near to the litter trays themself?

Thanks!

Well, I've only been using it a couple of weeks and haven't found it icky ;) My rubbish is collected weekly where I live, so it's not like the poo sits around for long. Plus the bag inside the Litter Locker is tightly tied at both ends and sealed, so there shouldn't be any chance for the poo to get icky.

I keep the Litter Locker stood next to one of the trays.

Hope that helps! ;)

meep
15-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Great, it does, thanks charliebubs!

Can I just ask for a bit of explanation on how it actually works. From reading the website I understand that the refill gives ou lots of platic bags to put each individiual poop in them? Or do you put all the poops directly into one big plastic bag and then tie that up tightly and dispose of it after one week?

charliebubs
15-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Okay, it's a plastic box thing with a lid. Inside the lid is a small section where you drop in the waste. Once you have dropped the waste into this section you close the lid. There is a handle on the front of the Litter Locker which you then pull out. This opens up the bottom section, so that the waste drops from the top shelf through to the bottom section. When the handle goes back in, the shelf goes back across and seals off the bottom of the Litter Locker containing the waste.

Inside the bottom is one big bag which all the litter goes into. Once that bag is full you tie a knot in the top and dispose of it in the rubbish.

Phew!! Hope that makes sense!!!!! :lol:

meep
15-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Makes perfect sense, thanks so much charliebubs! And it sounds like a really good system!

Oh. So. Tempted....

I was in town today for a work meeting and ending up buying a Lush moisturiser and cream soap. Can I really justify buying something ELSE?! :shock:

Fran
15-07-2008, 04:09 PM
I have just ordered one! Seems too good an offer to miss :D hope I am as impressed as you are Charlie!

charliebubs
15-07-2008, 10:45 PM
I have just ordered one! Seems too good an offer to miss :D hope I am as impressed as you are Charlie!

So do I now that I've bigged it up!!!!!!!!! LOL :-D :-D

Autumn
18-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I bought one a few months ago, wouldn't be without it now. It really does contain all the smell and saves me using loads of carrier bags! x

Fran
18-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Mine came today and so far I am VERY impressed with it!

diskinc
20-07-2008, 01:12 PM
I've just ordered one as well, thanks for the Zooplus tip!

I bought one of those litter kwitters but they never got on with it. I now use Cats Best Okoplus and I had been flushing the solids done the toilet and binning the acual litter but after reading that dolphin article I'll stop that.

Fran
20-07-2008, 01:30 PM
I don't think you will be disappointed, wish I had had one of these years ago!!

Jac
20-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Although worlds Best says it's flushable I'm not really comfy with that.
I bin it. Thanks for the link though I didn't know that. I do know people that flush it so will show them that.
I find that if I just bin it it stil doesnt smell. Unlike other litters. Mind you when Ola gets bigger I may change my mind:D

charliebubs
20-07-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm glad you're impressed with it Fran :) :) :)

Mags
20-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the recommendation Charlie, I've just ordered one as well! :D

charliebubs
20-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the recommendation Charlie, I've just ordered one as well! :D

hee hee :)

first the FURminator and now this..........I really should be on commission from these manufacturors!!!!! LOL :lol: :-D

Mags
20-07-2008, 03:31 PM
hee hee :)

first the FURminator and now this..........I really should be on commission from these manufacturors!!!!! LOL :lol: :-D

Plus we should get a discount for the Catsey members! ;):lol:

diskinc
20-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Does the furminator work? I've been very tempted but it's quite a bit of money if it doesn't.

Fran
20-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Does the furminator work?

Absolutely, it's brill!!