PDA

View Full Version : Quick eaters beware

Jac
13-07-2008, 08:48 AM
I cant remember if I told you this or not so If I'm repeating myself I'm sorry.
I was talking to a breeder a while ago, just before Christmas. Her cat was Caspurr's father. Any how she asked if Caspurr had been snipped. I said he had although not that long ago. She was gutted, she had hoped to catch me before he had been "done" Why? Her boy had died and she wanted to keep her lines going through Caspurr.
Now this is the sad part. Caspurr's dad was a very quick eater. Like Caspurr. She had put his food down walked to the kitchen to get something and when she went back to get his dish he was dead. Choked on his food!

If your cat eats really quickly put a few stones in the bottom of there dish. they have to move the stones about to get at there food hence slowing them down. I have done it with dogs but not cats. I dont see why it wouldn't work though.

PoshPuss
13-07-2008, 09:06 AM
What a sad end for Caspurr's dad :( his owner must have been very upset. It wouldn't have occurred to me that a cat could choke like that. My doggie Bron is a greedyguts, but Posh is far too slow, and picky with her food.

Jac
13-07-2008, 09:14 AM
The thing is Caspurr is a very quick eater as well. If you didnt know better you would say he had been starved at some point in his life. Infact Moli used to laugh when we were talking on the phone as she could hear him.

dandysmom
13-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Sad story. Most of mine have been slow eaters, except Misty and Onyx, who inhaled their food .....now you see it, now you don't! They both remembered the days when there was no food.....:(