PDA

View Full Version : Frontline

kado
11-07-2008, 02:49 PM
I am just currious does anyone use frontline spot on. I used it on all of my cats on Wednesday with no problems. I combed guinness today and he still has the dreaded things. So i phoned the company that makes it and asked advice. On the leaflet it said it went upto 7.5kg they advised me not too use it as it was useless on large cats and use the spray instead. So i'm going to try it instead.

jane

angieh
11-07-2008, 05:01 PM
That's interesting Jane - thanks for passing that on. I always use Frontline spot on for Merlin, but he's a much smaller cat.

Having said that - I am afraid that I have found fleas this year, but not on Merlin - on me (ugggg, :shock: :shock: :shock: ) - I have no idea where they've come from. So extreme vacuuming is on the cards + household flea spray.

Can anyone recommend a household flea spray that WORKS??

dandysmom
11-07-2008, 08:47 PM
I've stopped using Frontline since Leia had a bad reaction to it when she was younger. Since she's strictly an indoor cat I've gotten away with no fleas since....with the exception of the time she caught the rat and I found a few on her, but got them all with the flea comb.......

Kim
12-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Staykill is a good household flea spray, but it is only available at the vets, I believe. I don't like using frontline, I find it so harsh, I will use if they have fleas, but so far we have been very lucky!

angieh
12-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Hi Kim - thanks for the recommendation. Seems that pet owners can buy direct from VetUk

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3&sort=20a&page=2

Think I may have to give it a go!