PDA

View Full Version : toilet issues

meep
11-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Warning to anyone eating or a bit squeamish!

I've noticed when cleaning out the litter tray that there is occasionaly soft poos. I've yet to work out whether it's one or both of the boys. This morning one litter tray had a completely normal hard poo, but the other had a semi-formed but soft poo (not really runny, not like an upset tummy, but not entirely normal).

I'm guessing the number 1 reason could be the food? (Felix as good as it looks). I just wondered whether this is normal to happen now and again or whether it's a sign that something is wrong and it should never happen.

The only problem being that Minsky has turned his nose up at everything else except Felix as good as it looks, so if I try to switch him to different foods he may not eat at all!

Any advice greatly appreciated!

meep
11-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Just to add, I'm also guessing that the soft poos may be because of a change in cat food that they're not used to (we've had them for about 2 weeks now).

So if it is the change in cat food, should I find out what they used to eat from CP and change them back to that, or keep them on Felix and let them get used to that so it will stop?

It's strange because when I asked CP lady about what they ate, she said they gave them a variety from Whiskas to Asdas own to stop them getting fussy, so I thought they'd be used to new foods.

They're definately not having diareah (sp?), most just soft but normal poos (maybe slightly lighter brown than normal).

ellenlouise
11-07-2008, 11:40 AM
I don't really know I am sure someone else can give you some better advice but maybe it would be good to start feeding them some dry food if you arent already.

meep
11-07-2008, 11:42 AM
They get two pouches of felix each a day, and dry food (Go-Cat) is available as a small amount throughout the whole day and night. They both seem to enjoy eating the dry food and wet food.

Thanks for the suggestion though! I had the same thought actually, that maybe more dry food would help their poos, but for a while Minsky was only eating dry food when he didn't like the wet and I do want him to eat some wet! *sigh*

angieh
11-07-2008, 02:32 PM
At the moment Meep, I wouldn't change anything. Your boys have had quite a few changes in the last few weeks and it is not unusual for an occasional soft poo (at least Merlin occasionally has one) and then it goes back to normal. As you say it's not diarrhoea I'd let things be for a few days - keep a poo watch and see if it settles down.