PDA

View Full Version : Teeth Whiteners?

dandysmom
10-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Does anyone use these? I have hesitated to try them, as the trays sound extremely uncomfortable, and the strips, I've heard, only work if you have very regular teeth, which I don't. I've been reading about a product that comes in a tube with an applicator, and that supposedly is very effective; however it's rather pricy...$69.95. I'm tempted to try it. But I drink tea, eat a lot of spinach and blueberries which are stainers, and am a heavy smoker, so wonder if it would be a waste of time/money. Any opinions welcomed!

angieh
10-07-2008, 04:55 PM
I have no idea Eileen - never have used anything other than toothpaste! I wonder whether any supposed tooth whitening agent might damage or weaken the enamel, which no one wants of course. I've heard of TV people having their teeth "bleached" but I think that's going too far! I suppose those toothpastes that have baking soda in them may be safe to use - have you tried anything like that?

Mags
10-07-2008, 05:44 PM
I didn't even know you could get home whitening kits let alone know how they work..:roll: I think I would like to hear from someone who had used them before I tried it.

I've used the whitening toothpaste before but to be honest, I haven't noticed any difference from ordinary toothpaste.

I drink tea and coffee black so for me any whitening would soon disappear...:?

Found this link if anyone is interested...:lol:

http://www.prowhitesmile.com/

Elaine
10-07-2008, 07:25 PM
I tried one, cannt remember which one, think it was Rembrant or something, didnt work, was uncomfortable.
I use Arm and Hammer whitenijng toothpaste and I like it alot. Its one of those with bicarbonate of soda in it. I thinik it works but I do also go to the dentsit for a scale and pollish every 3 months as I have bad gums due to smoking.

dandysmom
10-07-2008, 07:54 PM
I didn't even know you could get home whitening kits let alone know how they work..:roll: I think I would like to hear from someone who had used them before I tried it.

I've used the whitening toothpaste before but to be honest, I haven't noticed any difference from ordinary toothpaste.

I drink tea and coffee black so for me any whitening would soon disappear...:?

Found this link if anyone is interested...:lol:

http://www.prowhitesmile.com/

Exactly why I posted! I was hoping someone with experience might comment. I've tried the whitening toothpastes, and also the baking soda with no noticeable results. Thanks for the link, will look at it; might post a link to the one I'm thinking about. You know what they say: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is...
:-D

random
10-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Hi Eileen, my sister used one before her prom, it was a tube mixture type and I remember it saying on the instructions not to eat certain things, drink tea or coffee or smoke for 24 hours afterwards so if you do decide to go ahead just make sure you read first or are willing to go without for a while, I don't smoke but certainly can't go 24 hours without coffee! :mrgreen:

Sorry, can't remember the name of the one she used but will ask her tomorrow if I remember on.

I remember reading a snippet in the paper about all the different kinds, from the whitening toothpaste to the laser treatment and I can't for the life of me remember much about the pros and cons for each one but what I do remember was being totally put off them all as they all seemed to be a waste of money unless you were willing to spend thousands on proper cosmetic dentistry! JMO of course.

random
10-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Exactly why I posted! I was hoping someone with experience might comment. I've tried the whitening toothpastes, and also the baking soda with no noticeable results. Thanks for the link, will look at it; might post a link to the one I'm thinking about. You know what they say: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is...
:-D

Probably the best thing to do would be to brush your teeth after every tea, coffee, blueberry, red wine, cigarette and anything else that may discolour your teeth! :shock:

dandysmom
10-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi Eileen, my sister used one before her prom, it was a tube mixture type and I remember it saying on the instructions not to eat certain things, drink tea or coffee or smoke for 24 hours afterwards so if you do decide to go ahead just make sure you read first or are willing to go without for a while, I don't smoke but certainly can't go 24 hours without coffee! :mrgreen:

Sorry, can't remember the name of the one she used but will ask her tomorrow if I remember on.

I remember reading a snippet in the paper about all the different kinds, from the whitening toothpaste to the laser treatment and I can't for the life of me remember much about the pros and cons for each one but what I do remember was being totally put off them all as they all seemed to be a waste of money unless you were willing to spend thousands on proper cosmetic dentistry! JMO of course.

Thanks, Random; that's exactly the sort of feedback I was looking for! I am absolutely not willing to go without...and that's not the sort of thing they tell you in the come-on! I think you've just saved me a lot of money...I shall live with my less than dazzling smile! :D

For the record, here;s a link to the product I was interested in...no caveats, you notice..

http://www.celebritysexyteeth.com/default.php