PDA

View Full Version : Fly munching!

PoshPuss
09-07-2008, 10:59 AM
Yuk! Just caught Posh in the middle of eating a fly... ewww.
She's been sitting on the window sill and the fly was an easy catch, drugged by the sunflower vaporkill thing no doubt. She'd just eaten a plate of ham and next thing she pawed up the fly and popped it in :shock: I swiftly went over and took it out of her mouth, big fat thing it was, I chucked it in the bin, fast.
Guess her ladyship's manners ain't above a bit of tasty insect now and again :-D :lol:

angieh
09-07-2008, 11:03 AM
I think ewwwww sums it up very well PP!

Jac
09-07-2008, 11:04 AM
:smt005 :smt005 You paint a great picture.

Mags
09-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Posh isn't alone Nette, Cassie will eat anything that crawls outdoors ....... she always thumps it with her paw first, salivary juices running:lol:, and then pops the stunned delicacy into her mouth.....yuk! :shock:

meep
09-07-2008, 02:44 PM
My wee kitten, Chaska, who lives at home with my dad, used to hunt flies. I guess it's stage one for a wee kitten! She'd do the whole down on her belly, wiggle her haunches, pupils hugely dilated, then pounce. She always looked so pleased with herself!

Now she's 7 and progressed to bunny rabbits. Usually all that's left is the tail and ears :S But there is something about flies that is just so EWWWW!

PoshPuss
09-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Posh isn't alone Nette, Cassie will eat anything that crawls outdoors ....... she always thumps it with her paw first, salivary juices running:lol:, and then pops the stunned delicacy into her mouth.....yuk! :shock:

... it's a real turn off isn't it :?

What makes me laff is that Madam will turn up her cute button nose at day old tuna, is picky about which variety of Whiskas she'll eat, yet flies are quite acceptable :smt018 well, we won't be having any of it ...

dandysmom
09-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Definitely an ewwww! factor; but actually it's just a bit of extra protein in their diet; gross as it seems to us. Misty was a champion fly catcher and always ate them, seemingly with pleasure...and she lived to 19 1/2 ...!

Phoenix
09-07-2008, 07:49 PM
We've got a rescue cat at the place I volunteer at (he's looking for a new home) and he seems to think spiders taste good! :shock: :roll:

keziah
09-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Figo loves catching any creepy crawlies :) flies, spiders and these little insects called daddy long legs that fly in the winter! So many times we have chased him around the house with this poor little spider or fly taking its last breaths in his mouth and caught him just in time to get it out of his mouth :)