PDA

View Full Version : can it still work?

niki71uk
08-07-2008, 09:58 AM
ok here goes,can cats/kittens still manage to get on.even if.they were put together at the beginning,and NOT seperated?

ive had cass since may,i never thought about any problems that might occur,id only confined her to
the bathroom for a few wks at the beginning for fear of the dog "eating" her

only in the last few days have i confined her to the spare room,only letting her out when the other cats outside

at the beginning i caught them nose to nose a few times,i thought they'd be ok
http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll349/niki71uk/DSC00058.jpg
cass doesnt take a telling tho from him,she will keep at him till he gives up n wants to go out

she is now nearly 4 mnths old

Mags
08-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Sounds to me like Cass just wants to play and Toby, who you say is 14, just wants a quiet life. They will eventually tolerate each other but at the moment Toby is content in putting Cass, who wants to play with everyone and anything, in her place.:D
I'm sure they will get used to each other eventually....even if they don't become best buddies..:)

niki71uk
08-07-2008, 07:12 PM
i got them eating on the windowsill today,both with there own load of biscuits,cass was good didnt bug toby and turned away but stayed on sill

dandysmom
08-07-2008, 08:45 PM
I think Mags has summed it up nicely. I feel also it depends on the nature of the individual cat. When I was younger I didn't know about the proper way to introduce a new cat to the resident cat...just brought in the little female stray. My adult neutered male bushed, hissed, spat and made awful threatening noises, but did not physically attack. The kitten was a very cool character, she acted completely unimpressed at the
display; when he realized she wouldn't be bullied he stopped after a day or so; they eventually became dear pals and she grieved when he had to be PTS. I later introduced an adult female to the resident female without the separation: they never got along, just tolerated one another. So, it depends ......

niki71uk
08-07-2008, 08:56 PM
she was a very confident cat from day 1,isnt scared of the older cat,and doesnt back away from a telling from him

not long ago i let the other cat in from outside,she jumped on his head,he complained but she just held on to his ear with her teeth,he didnt do anything,just wailed,so i tapped her instead,then she ran off,toby now on the windowsill and cass on other side of room just watching him

Mags
08-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Give them time and Cass will soon learn that Toby will take no nonsense from her..:D

niki71uk
10-07-2008, 11:38 PM
one thing occured to me,cass is near toby's age when i got him,do u think mibbee he didnt learn enough from his mum, i dont know how long he'd been a stray for,and only once i ever saw him ok with another cat,when he was bout 6/8 mnths i looked after a male cat,he was bout 2 yrs old,since then toby hasnt lived with another cat,

is it mibbee why he cant deal with cass,or is he just a grump