PDA

View Full Version : Poor Beauty!

Phoenix
06-07-2008, 08:29 PM
For some reason or other early this afternoon she became a little bit frightened of me!

Usually when she runs halfway up the stairs, when I talk to her she'll come downstairs, but today, she'd just had some tuna and decided she was going to race halfway up the stairs! (Nothing out of the ordinary going on anywhere by the way) I passed by the stairs, saw she was staring at me and reassured her, slowly blinked at her and held my fist out to her so she could have a sniff (sometimes she thinks that I'm not me and I'm an imposter for some reason. Doesn't happen very often though!) and she decided she was going to react in terror and race upstairs then hide under the bed!

I let her calm down and so far she's been fine!

It's quite strange though! The way she reacted, you'd have thought that I was an evil monster coming to get her! :?

dandysmom
06-07-2008, 08:42 PM
That's strange! Do you think she might have been having a "senior moment"and been a bit disoriented?

Phoenix
06-07-2008, 08:44 PM
That's strange! Do you think she might have been having a "senior moment"and been a bit disoriented?

I don't know! All I know is she really got frightened and I wasn't sure if it was wise to go up with her to try to reassure her any more than I'd tried to!

She's been with us nearly a year now by the way!

Phoenix
08-07-2008, 03:04 PM
She's been a little bit nervy this morning as well at breakfast time (as if she thought we were going to get her!)

EDIT: Just to clarify when I said "nervy" it looked like nerviness to me (crouched by her food dish looking like she was about to surrender and run off)

She calmed down quickly though...

HappyKatz
08-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Cats do have moments like that...Our cats do that as well, even the little ones.
How is Beauty acting now? I hope shes not frightened anymore!

Phoenix
08-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Cats do have moments like that...Our cats do that as well, even the little ones.
How is Beauty acting now? I hope shes not frightened anymore!

Last seen hiding in the garden near the fence where her boyfriend comes through ...

It's just very odd the way she decided I was something to be afraid of ... usually she comes running over because she knows full well I spoil her rotten!

And I am NOT ashamed to admit that!

It's only just started up with me as well!

I'm used to her deciding my brother is an evil ogre and something to run from (she does that with strangers as well) but you'd have thought that she'd remember I'm the one who spoils her and she has nothing whatsoever to fear from me!?!