Elaine
02-07-2008, 10:14 PM
He's lovely. Whats his story then?:D

bobbie3917
02-07-2008, 10:15 PM
aww what a sweet looking boy

angieh
02-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Ah poor Murphy - hope you can get the vet to sort out his eyes Moli - other than that he looks remarkably good from what I could see.

Moli
02-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Ah poor Murphy - hope you can get the vet to sort out his eyes Moli - other than that he looks remarkably good from what I could see.
he is very thin......

Mags
02-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Looks like he is loving attention.......I hope the vet can sort him out..:)

Moli
02-07-2008, 11:02 PM
He has an appointment with the vets tomorrow, to be blood tested and have his eyes looked at...

alexgirl73
03-07-2008, 09:45 AM
aww bless him. He is gorgeous. Hope all goes well withi his vet visit Moli.

Erin
03-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Awww bless him,hes gorgeous,hope the vet visit goes well today Moli.

Moli
03-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Just back from the vets, they think he is about 7 or 8, he has been neutered, is blind,although think he can see light, but also has conjuntivitis..which he has drops for, has mild cat flu, had a long acting AB...He also has a hernia inside one of his back legs..which I have to keep an eye on...His blood tests were negative thank goodness....He has to go back in a week to get his eyes checked....
He is using a litter tray and is very clean, still a bit scared, but once you talk to him and stroke him, he purrs like a traction engine....
He is a nice little boy.....

yola
03-07-2008, 10:52 AM
What a sweetie-pie. I'm pleased that all his bloods have come back negative. Shame about his eyesight. Was it congenital or has something (infection or otherwise) caused it? Hopefully with love, food and care he'll bounce back and, despite his disability will find a new loving home.

If he's been done, how come he was still spraying though? Was it stress related?

angieh
03-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Dear Murphy - hope his eyes can be as good as possible once the infection has cleared. It's amazing isn't it that whatever he's been through, he can still respond to loving care.

Mags
03-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Good to know his bloods were ok but what a shame about his eyesight, I was hoping that with treatment he would have some vision..:(

I'm sure with your care he will learn to be trusting again Moli ....... it's good that he uses the litter tray too.

charliebubs
03-07-2008, 12:25 PM
He is a handsome man :) I'm so pleased his bloods were clear too. It's a shame about his eyesight, but he does sound like a lovely furbabe and I'm sure that won't stop him finding a home.....especially as he uses the litter tray (wonder how he finds it if he's blind :? )

Give him a hug from me Pat :)

Moli
03-07-2008, 12:34 PM
What a sweetie-pie. I'm pleased that all his bloods have come back negative. Shame about his eyesight. Was it congenital or has something (infection or otherwise) caused it? Hopefully with love, food and care he'll bounce back and, despite his disability will find a new loving home.

If he's been done, how come he was still spraying though? Was it stress related?
We do nt think he was spraying Yola, the people found him, kept him one night, then threatened to chuck him out, I think its because he was blind and has medical problems....

Moli
03-07-2008, 12:36 PM
He is a handsome man :) I'm so pleased his bloods were clear too. It's a shame about his eyesight, but he does sound like a lovely furbabe and I'm sure that won't stop him finding a home.....especially as he uses the litter tray (wonder how he finds it if he's blind :? )

He found it no bother, I am sure he can see a little bit...Not sure what has caused the blindness.....:( I have never seen such a small Siamese though...

charliebubs
03-07-2008, 12:37 PM
He found it no bother, I am sure he can see a little bit...Not sure what has caused the blindness.....:( I have never seen such a small Siamese though...

I'm sure he'll be a little fatty in no time with your love and feeding :-D

He's a darling :D

Moli
03-07-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm sure he'll be a little fatty in no time with your love and feeding :-D

He's a darling :D
He is small in statue Charlie, the vet thinks its due to incorrect feeding.....:(

charliebubs
03-07-2008, 12:43 PM
He is small in statue Charlie, the vet thinks its due to incorrect feeding.....:(

Oh :( I thought you meant skinny.

Well, Abi is small in statute and she's a Siamese. She's small skinny too :( She's just unfortunately a sickly cat........maybe poor Murphy is the same :? :cry:

Moli
03-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Maybe, but the way he eats he is going to have an enormous tum!!:lol: :lol: I wormed him this morning too...

dandysmom
03-07-2008, 04:49 PM

Keen sense of smell, possibly. Blind cats do cope amazingly well.

Elaine
03-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Poor Murphy xxx Glad his blood tests were ok. Must try to get up and see him if I can xxx

Moli
03-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Poor Murphy xxx Glad his blood tests were ok. Must try to get up and see him if I can xxxYou are welcome to come and see him Elaine..:)

Moli
04-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Update on Murphy...He is now in the house, although seperated from my cats, His eyes are much better, not sticky today at all....When I go to see him, he now comes up to me and purrs, and if I sit down, he climbs on my lap, he is a real head butter!!Eats like a horse too!!!

Kazz
04-07-2008, 11:33 PM
Glad he is settling in well Moli....will he be a stayer do you think?

charliebubs
05-07-2008, 09:26 AM
What fantastic news Pat :)

kado
05-07-2008, 10:39 AM
He realy does sound a sweetie. More pics please

jane

Moli
05-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Glad he is settling in well Moli....will he be a stayer do you think?
No!!!he will be rehomed when he is well enough!!;)

EmmaG
05-07-2008, 01:44 PM
awww bless his little cotton socks :) what a pretty boy... definately need to see more photos :)

PoshPuss
07-07-2008, 04:37 PM
First time for me to meet Murphy, what with other things going on. Aw bless im he's so good looking I'm sure he'll get rehomed when he's fixed up. Sounds like he's got a very docile nature Moli. His pics show a certain shyness. A calm almost blind cat will make a lovely companion for some one on their own and Siamesees love to talk :D

dandysmom
07-07-2008, 04:42 PM
First time for me to meet Murphy, what with other things going on. Aw bless im he's so good looking I'm sure he'll get rehomed when he's fixed up. Sounds like he's got a very docile nature Moli. His pics show a certain shyness. A calm almost blind cat will make a lovely companion for some one on their own and Siamesees love to talk :D

Do they ever!!! :-D

Moli
07-07-2008, 05:14 PM
He has found his voice, he looks up at me and yowls, its totally different from Casper & Olivers though...
I shut my lot in the conservatory and let him wander around the kitchen, he followed me...sure he must have some sight....

Mags
07-07-2008, 05:59 PM
It would be lovely if he did have some sight Moli but he may have been following the sound of your footsteps....:?

Moli
07-07-2008, 07:31 PM
It would be lovely if he did have some sight Moli but he may have been following the sound of your footsteps....:?
He comes towards me, looking straight at me Mags, maybe its just shadows...:?

PoshPuss
07-07-2008, 10:12 PM

I'm thinking of the old martial arts Master in the TV series Kung Fu. He was blind but used all his complete senses to outwit Grasshopper. Maybe being Siamese, Murphy has mastered these Oriental arts ;) :-D

Moli
07-07-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm thinking of the old martial arts Master in the TV series Kung Fu. He was blind but used all his complete senses to outwit Grasshopper. Maybe being Siamese, Murphy has mastered these Oriental arts ;) :-D
Thats a thought PP!:lol:

dandysmom
07-07-2008, 10:55 PM
And their other senses, hearing, smell, which are already good seem to get better with loss of sight...I noticed that with Misty. But I do hope the little fellow has at least some residual sight...as you say, shadows .....

Moli
07-07-2008, 11:00 PM
He manages to jump up and down off of chairs....

Jac
07-07-2008, 11:03 PM
He may see ghost like shapes. Along with his other sences, na probs for a Scot.:lol: :lol:

Moli
07-07-2008, 11:05 PM
He may see ghost like shapes. Along with his other sences, na probs for a Scot.:lol: :lol:
He is not a Scot, Jac's, he is Siamese!!!:roll:

Jac
07-07-2008, 11:07 PM
He is not a Scot, Jac's, he is Siamese!!!:roll:

but, but he's not..... he speaks Scot's

dandysmom
07-07-2008, 11:46 PM
He manages to jump up and down off of chairs....

Now that does give me hope that he has a tiny bit of sight! Misty could jump up on chairs, etc. as if she were sighted, but that's because I never re-arranged furniture, and she knew where everything was; whereas Murphy has never been in your house before!!

Moli
07-07-2008, 11:49 PM
Thats what I though too DM, he does not have problems at all, does not dump into things either, where he sleeps, I have 3 cats baskets on top of each other, he is always in the second one, can jump in and out not bother...

dandysmom
07-07-2008, 11:51 PM
He has got to have a bit of sight, Moli, no way he could do that otherwise in a strange house!

Moli
07-07-2008, 11:54 PM
He has got to have a bit of sight, Moli, no way he could do that otherwise in a strange house!
My thinking too....Its the way he looks straight at me, then starts purring before I speak to him......

Mags
08-07-2008, 12:03 AM
Has he got cataracts Moli?

Moli
08-07-2008, 12:04 AM
Has he got cataracts Moli?
No Mags, his eyes are clear....

Moli
08-07-2008, 10:32 PM
murphy has surprised me today, I have been clearing the spare room, he climbed to the top of a stack of boxes, and down again, and was playing with a tissue......more and more, begining to think he has partial sight...

angieh
08-07-2008, 10:34 PM
I do hope so Moli - can we have some more photos of him please? I think he's a gorgeous boy.

Moli
08-07-2008, 10:42 PM
I do hope so Moli - can we have some more photos of him please? I think he's a gorgeous boy.
I will get some tomorrow Angie, I see a difference in him already...;)

Jac
09-07-2008, 01:41 AM
Its sounding better Moli. I really hope he gets a home soon. Poor wee man.