PDA

View Full Version : Fly in the house !

dandysmom
01-07-2008, 08:06 PM
There is a very large horsefly in the house, don't know where it came from. but most annoying; I haven't been able to swat it yet, and my mighty huntress is completely ignoring it! Misty was death on flies...she could somehow calculate where it was heading, jump up, clap her paws together and catch it...amazing to see how she did it time after time! I have spoken to Leia who listened to me politely and then went back to sleep......:roll: :-D

angieh
01-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Oh dear - poor you and LAZY LEIA!

Be careful, if your horseflies are anything like the ones we get over here, they can give a nasty bite.

Moli
01-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Shame on Leia:roll:, every cat loves to chase flys!:lol:!My Oliver is brilliant, he catches them without any trouble...;)

Phoenix
01-07-2008, 08:18 PM
I could borrow one of the rescue cats and send him over if you want! :lol:

He'll hunt anything small that moves! (watches the rabbits outside, tries to hunt spiders, you name it he'll try to hunt it! :lol: )

HappyKatz
01-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Leia would rather sleep then catch that horsefly - shes a silly girl! :cat15
We have cats like that too! Hope you can finally get that horsefly :)

angieh
01-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Funny isn't it - even when a young cat, Merlin never showed any interest in flies or spiders. He might stick his nose up to a spider, and then just let it go on it's way. I don't like them and would have been thankful if he'd wanted to get rid of them for me!

dandysmom
01-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Oh dear - poor you and LAZY LEIA!

Be careful, if your horseflies are anything like the ones we get over here, they can give a nasty bite.

Yes they can give a nasty bite which is why I'm anxious to get it...it keeps buzzing around the computer screen, but dashes away as soon as I try to swat it, wretched thing! Apparently all dilute torbies don't have the fly catching gene....:( :-D

Misty used to eat them, ugh!!! :shock:

alexgirl73
01-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Urgh, horseflies!!! Nasty things. Hope you get it soon Eileen.

My Cooper was having a whale of a time today, playing with a fly. Kept catching it between his paws, opening them to see if it was dead, then having to grab it again when it took off. Mad cat lol.

dandysmom
01-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Urgh, horseflies!!! Nasty things. Hope you get it soon Eileen.

My Cooper was having a whale of a time today, playing with a fly. Kept catching it between his paws, opening them to see if it was dead, then having to grab it again when it took off. Mad cat lol.

That's a funny Cooper story, I can just see it!

Fly hasn't been around for several hours; hope it found a way out!

CathyW
02-07-2008, 10:58 PM
ive got one of those tennis rackets that u put a couple of batterys in it, and when u swat the flying buzzy thing it sizzles them LOL they they do down the loo i have to remember to flush the loo or they have a little swim about then fly off (slowly LOL)
BTW the racket splatter came from the £ shop. great exersice

Moli
02-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Casper had a fly today, he chased it, batted it with his paw, chased it again, then............ate it!

dandysmom
02-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Oh yuck, they will do that..... but good for him! My fly disappeared yesterday; must have gotten out. Ms "I-don't -mess -with-small-stuff" was not responsible...

Moli
02-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Oh yuck, they will do that..... but good for him! My fly disappeared yesterday; must have gotten out. Ms "I-don't -mess -with-small-stuff" was not responsible...
What a very apt description of Leia!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

dandysmom
02-07-2008, 11:51 PM

:sssmt005 :smt005 Thanks!

dandysmom
02-07-2008, 11:52 PM

:smt005 :smt005 Thanks!

Hreow
04-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Rover's a fly-muncher as well, which I don't mind except for the few times he's bounced on my head (while I was sleeping) to catch it, and then crunched the fat, juicy fly on my pillow for a light snack. No spillage (it's *food* after all) but not a pleasant sound.