PDA

View Full Version : i don't think it'll be too long now...

Tink
30-06-2008, 11:59 AM
till tigger goes to the bridge...yes, i know the doctor didn't promise us long...but i was hoping he'd surprise us...maybe he still will, maybe i'm wrong...but i don't have a good feeling.
the swelling is starting again despite the medication...i hear raspy, struggling breaths more and more throughout the day. he doesn't seem to be in pain, maybe a little annoyed as i would imagine a tumor in the sinus area would make it feel like trying to breathe through a congested nose.
i just have to vent...i'm not too sure how well i can handle another death so soon, and his will be much more of an impact because he has been around since childhood for me..seventeen years is a long time.
here is the latest pic of him in the new room..i have promised myself to take many, many more.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm211/darkpixietink/noob24-1.jpg

PoshPuss
30-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Oh poor little man :( so sorry to hear of this Tink.
I guess you just have to make him comfortable and await events but it must be heart breaking for you. It's really like losing a family member and I totally feel for you.
Dear Tigger, you are in my prayers.

Mags
30-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Poor Tigger, you are doing all you can by making his life as comfortable as possible.

You love all your animals too much to let them suffer, so I know you will realise when the time is right and he has had enough, Tink...:(

Enjoy him while you can, take lots of pics that will become your forever memories of him ....... and above all be grateful that he has been part of your life for so long.... ((((hugs))))

babycakes
30-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Tink he sure is a stunning gentleman. Reminds me of my boy, also Tigger, who passed at 18. You have this time with him and you are making it very special, yes you will miss him, yes you will be heartbroken (I still cry now and again and that was 4 1/2 yrs ago) but I would never have not known him as you wouldn't either I suppose.
We will be here for you when it happens and so will your OH and all your other animals who will also miss Tigger too.
Hug him, kiss him, keep him warm, comfortable and enjoy your very precious moments with him XXXX My heart goes out to you.

angieh
30-06-2008, 09:07 PM
So very sorry to hear this Tink. We know how much he means to you and also that you will make his final days so full of love. ((((HUGS))))

Tink
01-07-2008, 08:26 AM
some progress today..the breathing is getting better..not too many episodes like before..i'd like to say love heals all things and those extra snuggles worked but i know better than that. though in the back of my mind i wonder if it's one of those things where they are sick, look a lot better, than pass. it's driving me crazy not knowing if i will wake up and he's faded away peacefully in his sleep or if i'll be bringing him in one day and holding him as they help him along. i guess worrying about it doesn't help..i try to mentally prepare for things but none of that will change how i feel when it does happen.
thanx for the prayers and vibes, they appear to be working. i will not let him suffer but i will not make a rash decision i will regret either..so i'm keeping a very close eye on him and asking myself over and over how his quality of life is day by day. today it seemed rather good...so now i'm confused again.
luv,
tink

Tink
02-07-2008, 05:21 PM
well, today his swelling is up..it's starting to look like it did before he got diagnosed and got medication :-(...keep you updated....

webblies
05-07-2008, 12:23 PM
All I can say is Tink could not have a better Mum than you.

Enjoy, be brave and we are right here if you need us.

Love to you both.

Gx