PDA

View Full Version : Water Fountains

kitty cats
26-06-2008, 06:39 PM
basically does anyone here use a water fountain and how good are they? my eldest cat doesnt drink unless he gets it right from the tap, are there any recommended ones and what are the benefits, do cats actually use them etc

Mags
26-06-2008, 06:54 PM
I haven't got one for Cassie but you may like to have a look at a previous thread on water fountains from earlier this year.

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=27222&highlight=water+fountains

Hopefully other members will be along to answer any questions you may have shortly :)

kitty cats
26-06-2008, 06:59 PM
I haven't got one for Cassie but you may like to have a look at a previous thread on water fountains from earlier this year.

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=27222&highlight=water+fountains

Hopefully other members will be along to answer any questions you may have shortly :)

thank you :D

alexgirl73
26-06-2008, 07:06 PM
I use one for my 3, and they do drink loads more than they used to out of a bowl. The water tastes fresher to tehm. My 3 give it the paws up lol.

yola
26-06-2008, 10:12 PM
I had a petmate one for a couple of years and now have a *runs to look* CatIt fountain. The cats certainly seem to like it, but I also have a standard bowl and my newest cat seems to prefer the bowl. I too originally bought the fountain for a cat who used to prefer the tap and he just took to the fountain right away.

candyshandy
26-06-2008, 10:29 PM
I have a Catit one and my 3 prefer it to the bowl :)

kitty cats
27-06-2008, 07:53 AM
thanks everyone i think i might give it a go, i get the feeling Tibby might soak everything with it as he loves water, hopefully it will make jake drink a little more.....hopefully it might mean when i pour myself a glass of water i get to drink it before tibby gets there and sticks his head in it and helps himself!...or not haha
thanks guys :D

yola
27-06-2008, 11:08 AM
hopefully it might mean when i pour myself a glass of water i get to drink it before tibby gets there and sticks his head in it and helps himself!...or not haha
thanks guys :D

That's a definite 'or not'!!! :lol: The fountain just encourages them . . .I caught Myshka drinking the kids' pineapple juice the other day :shock:

kitty cats
27-06-2008, 11:29 AM
caught Myshka drinking the kids' pineapple juice the other day :shock:

you'd think that would be way too sharp for cats! they do go for some strange things sometimes!
Jake will do ANYTHING to get his paws on fruit cake :lol:

Hreow
27-06-2008, 03:45 PM
The reason we don't have a fountain any more, is that Rover *loves* running water. Soon it was running off everything within range (and some I don't know how he managed) as he does *not* like having wet paws (flick, flick, twitch). This is the cat who happily goes out in the rain, and comes back looking like a just-surfaced otter (but wetter)...

diskinc
01-07-2008, 09:15 PM
I have a FreshFlow one and all three of my cats have really liked it.