PDA

View Full Version : Kitten very sick after Vaccination

madmare
21-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Hi I'm new here and am posting to try and gain your expertese for my neighbour.
She took her kitten to the vets yesterday morning for its first vaccination. Kitten was given a full health check including temp taken and all was fine so the vaccination was given.
By last night the kitten was very ill and rushed to the emergency vet (Vets Now) and it was found her tempreture was sky high so she was put on a drip.
This morning they removed the drip and sent her home but she is still just laying there lifeless not eating or drinking.
I have advised my neighbour to take her back to her own vet today as to me this doesn't sound very good for a kitten, even if the emergency vet had said she will be fine now but if worried to take her back again tonight when they are back on duty again.
Could I have your opinions please? Also has anyone else experienced the same thing?

Kim
21-06-2008, 03:14 PM
This happened to my Birman when he was a kitten and one of the reasons I am not particularly pro vaccination. He was extremely poorly for a couple of days, and I know the vet was worried, but he got over it and is 11 now! He no longer receives his annual booster.

I really wish your friends kitten well. Please let us know how he is.

madmare
21-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Good News, hopefully panic over as little kitten has suddenly decided to eat something. She has not drunk yet but my neighbour is keeping a close eye.
Hopefully she will continue to improve now.
Sorry if I worried anyone unecessarily.

Mags
21-06-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm pleased the little kitten appears to be improving and has eaten something, which is a good sign..:)

You were right to ask for advice, someone can usually come up with an answer here.......in this case Kim has gone through the same experience.

My cat is 11 and has her boosters every year but she is still 'off colour' for a day after having the jabs.

Please update us with how he gets on..:)

madmare
21-06-2008, 04:11 PM
I will keep you updated thankyou and hopefully it will all be good news. :D

Kim
21-06-2008, 09:52 PM
Pleased to hear he is improving. Keep the updates coming....

Elaine
21-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Poor baby, I hope she continues to improve xxxx

dandysmom
21-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Scary experience! Glad the little one has perked up and eating; so let us know how it's going.