PDA

View Full Version : Kendal show

candyshandy
18-06-2008, 07:52 PM
I may pop up for a nosey seeing as its not that far away.

Anyone else going?

Kay
19-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Sorry Candice I haven't entered that one. Have a lovely day if you go.

Fran
19-06-2008, 09:35 PM
I haven't booked that one either Candice. Hope someone else will be there. Have a good day if you go and let us know what it's like.

sarahd
19-06-2008, 10:23 PM
We went last year but decided not to do the show again this year.
It wasn't one of the best ones we've done to be fair. Plus the distance has its disadvantages.
Have a good day though and good luck to anyone showing

Sarah
x

candyshandy
22-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Well I had a really good day except that it absolutely poured down so I got a bit wet taking all my purchases to the car :)

Spent the day with a woman I know whose cat won best persian in show - she was that pleased I had to take him to the front because she came over all funny!

I met a lovely breeder who has some kittens at the mo and she's going to call me when they are ready for viewing.......;)

candyshandy
22-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Oh I forgot to say - as shows go I would agree with Sarah not one of the good ones I've been to, there were quite a few empty pens :(

Kay
22-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Glad you enjoyed yourself Candice. Spent up again I suppose.

What was the cat called that got Best Persian in show? Who are the kittens from? I didn'r realise you were looking for a kitten.

candyshandy
22-06-2008, 06:23 PM
You know me so well Kay!! I bought a new water fountain (on offer £10 off) and a fat boy scratching post.

The cat that won was Mardigras Candyman (I think thats his full name) - a beautiful cream and white bicolour.

I've been toying with the idea of a new baby for a little while now and have finally decided on a bicolour. I can't have one until September when I get back from my hols so the timing at the moment is spot on.

Kay
22-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Oh yes Candyman has done a lot of winning lately.

The bi-colours are striking and at sometime I may get another but I can't use them in my colourpoint breeding programme. Will you show this baby when you get him/her?

candyshandy
22-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Teri was trying to persuade me on Saturday - not sure really because my job has peaks and troughs of me being just busy and completely bonkers! There are quite a few times in the year when I have to bring loads of work home just to keep my head above water, workload wise.

Something to think about though.

Elaine
22-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Glad you had a good day CS. The fatboy cat scratchers are good, we have one and the cats love it.:D
A new kitten on the horizon eh?;)

Kay
22-06-2008, 07:11 PM
You can only show every fortnight anyway and there are times in the year when Persians are not at their best due to lac of coat. I am sure you could fit it in. Go on give it ago.