PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 3 ?

dandysmom
18-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Has anyone downloaded this? I'd be interested in your opinions; what's different/better? Is it truly faster?

angieh
18-06-2008, 04:26 PM
I haven't yet downloaded it. I'll ask my pc wizard for his opinions if you like?

dandysmom
18-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Yes, if it's no trouble! The new versions of things are so hyped in the media; it's nice to get an impartial opinion from someone who's used it or is knowledgeable about it..

angieh
18-06-2008, 04:41 PM
OK Eileen, I've sent him an email. Let you know the answer as and when .......

dandysmom
18-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Thanks! .........

angieh
18-06-2008, 05:04 PM
My wizard says:-

"I haven't got time to work with software that doesn't work, so with major new releases like Firefox 3 I will wait until it appears on Firefox's automatic update checker. By then I expect any bugs will be ironed out.

I haven't used v3 yet - don't seem to be getting as excited as a lot of people - probably because v2 does what I need it to!

I'd advise any non-techy to wait: in the unlikely event it goes titsup they may need an expert to fix it!"

Hope that helps Eileen - advise is wait.

Mags
18-06-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm still using Firefox 2 :D Any changes and I wait until my son visits and he always sorts me out .......I haven't got the confidence to download anything I'm not sure about:lol:

If my son reads this I can just imagine him saying "Oh Mother!! :roll:" :-D

dandysmom
18-06-2008, 07:56 PM
My wizard says:-

"I haven't got time to work with software that doesn't work, so with major new releases like Firefox 3 I will wait until it appears on Firefox's automatic update checker. By then I expect any bugs will be ironed out.

I haven't used v3 yet - don't seem to be getting as excited as a lot of people - probably because v2 does what I need it to!

I'd advise any non-techy to wait: in the unlikely event it goes titsup they may need an expert to fix it!"

Hope that helps Eileen - advise is wait.

Many thanks for that, Angie! I shall definitely wait......:-D

angieh
04-09-2008, 12:18 PM
For those who haven't downloaded Firefox 3 yet - I have the "all clear" from my wizard who has been using it for about a week now. He says it is fine!

Mags
04-09-2008, 12:25 PM
My son downloaded mine a few weeks ago without any hiccups........ the layout is very slightly different but nothing to worry about..:) I've had no problem with it either .............. go for it Eileen ;)

dandysmom
04-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Unfortunately, discovered that it's not compatible with my older version of Mac OSX 10.2.8... :(

There is a new browser out offered by Google (free download), but I suspect that won't work with an older computer also... and probably has bugs too (sour grapes? ..:-D)

angieh
04-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Sorry to hear that Eileen.

Mags
04-09-2008, 05:52 PM
That's unfortunate Eileen...:(