PDA

View Full Version : Caspurr and Abi (heartbreak)

Jac
17-06-2008, 08:36 PM
I have come to the decision that I'm not taking Caspurr and Abi back. As you know I put them into foster care when Derek said they had to be gone "yesterday". Thanks to Elaine they found a wonderful home where they are loved very much.
There are a few deciders. Firstly Caspurr is a carrier and to move him could stress him and bring on an attach. Also he has really bonded with Emma's wee boy. I have to think about that too. At least Ceilidh is a bit older and can understand.
My wee girl, well she had 3 homes before I got her. Her breeder, Sarah and me. Poor things head would be up her bum if I moved her again.
I could go on and on but at the end of the day it's not been an easy decision. I have to do right by them.....not me.

PoshPuss
17-06-2008, 08:42 PM
You're being brave Jac and putting their welfare first. You couldn't do more of a kindness. Take comfort from the fact that they have a lovely home. :)

Jac
17-06-2008, 08:49 PM
No I'm not. I keep crying...Cause I miss them purely selfish. I have to do right by them though. I bought them for there lifes. Not my convienience. I'm off again.

yola
17-06-2008, 08:52 PM
I was thinking about this on the way home today and was going to post the question tonight. I suspected what the answer was though. Difficult, selfless decision but 100% right for the cats. Good on you Jac.

Kazz
17-06-2008, 08:54 PM
"Snap" Yola I was going to ask what you were going to do as well Jac and think you have made the right desiscion. Honestly they appear from what Elaine has said in brief lttle updates to be really content. You have to put their welfare first.

Karen

PoshPuss
17-06-2008, 08:56 PM
:( aww jac, thinking of you...:smt010
Can you keep in touch with them wherever they are?

Jac
17-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Yola, Kazz thank you both. I really mean that. At the end of the day it's there welfare. They have a great home (mine was better though lol) No kidding appart, they are happy, settled and loved. What more could you ask for?

Jac
17-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Yeh I can Posh. By phone or a wee detour when I visit Moli

Kazz
17-06-2008, 09:38 PM
They will be fine Jac,

Kay
17-06-2008, 09:48 PM
What a hard decisionto be faced with. I have to agree with everyone else, Jac, you have made the right choice for your babies. So very brave.

Keep your chin up Jac and take comfort in the fact that they will be loved, cared for and settled.

{{{Hugs}}} to you and Ceilidh.

dandysmom
17-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Oh Jac! How hard, how very hard, and how brave and selfless you're being; not sure if I could do it. But as you said, they're settled in, bonded, happy and well loved...but...crying time, as the song says. Really really big hug, Jac....

Fran
17-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Jac, hard decision but are you sure it's what you want? Was caspurr stressed and subsequently ill when he moved to Emma's? He will remember you and you might be surprised at just how well he adapts to being back with his mummy. I took a couple of my kittens back recently prior to rehoming them, they took it all in their stride, coming back to me and then settled so well into their new home following. The greatest and most surprising thing was......they remembered my voice and knew me instantly, they were sooooo pleased to see me ;)

Good luck whatever you decide to do Jac but you are happy and settled now so Abi and Caspurr will need not to go anywhere else again if you decide to take them back.

angieh
17-06-2008, 10:50 PM
I think you're doing the right thing by Caspurr and Abi and being very unselfish. A hard decision but you have obviously thought it through and you know that they are happy and well cared for. Good on ya Jac!

alexgirl73
18-06-2008, 08:25 AM
Huge ((hugs)) Jac.

Everyone else has said what I would, take care xx

Jac
18-06-2008, 09:15 AM
I knew you would all understand.

They were in such a state when I got them from Derek. Mind you he wouldn't brush Ceilidh's hair just to annoy me so you can emajin the state of there coats:roll: . He refered to them as my stinky cats:twisted:

Elaine
18-06-2008, 10:38 AM
A very heartbreaking decision Jac, huge hugs to you chum, its also as every one else has said, very selfless and brave.
You will ofcourse be very wlecome to visit them any time and will receive regular updates as you wish.
This is very difficult and painful for you, many many hugs xxx

charliebubs
18-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Oh Jac what a difficult and heartbreaking decision. What a shame, but I appreciate how hard it must have been to reach that conclusion. :(

kado
18-06-2008, 02:56 PM
I think you are very brave i know its a heart wrenching descion as well. I had Simons cousin a little girl. I friend looked after her for a couple of days while i took another 2 kittens to a friend in Bath. Her husband wanted to keep her so i said he could. I cried for days but i see her at least once a week and i know she is loved like your cats are.

jane

Jac
18-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks all. It was not a decision made easily.

Kazz
18-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks all. It was not a decision made easily.

But don't you think that shows how much you think of and love them. Like the King Solomon story the mother who was willing to let another woman have her baby rather than cut the baby in half, the meaning behind that and....... your desicison proves that... ........true love is selfless.

You have done what you think is best for them.

Jac
18-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Aww Kazz thank you.