PDA

View Full Version : Noticed something yesterday...

Phoenix
16-06-2008, 06:56 PM
I was stroking Beauty yesterday and she decided she was going to show me her belly. A huge patch of fur is missing off her belly - I think the vet shaved it off so he could see to her abdomen when she was at the vets.

The question is, do I need to gently use a comb there while it's growing back or would it be OK for a while to leave it?

Kay
17-06-2008, 10:28 PM
I would be tempted to leave it until there is a fair covering of hair and then start combing it gently. They are very sensitive on their tummies.

dandysmom
17-06-2008, 10:35 PM
I'd comb around it if you're combing her tummy.

angieh
17-06-2008, 10:38 PM
She lets you comb her tummy???? Cooo - I would leave it be for a while, rather than put her off having her tum tum combed. Just keep an eye to see it's not getting knotted - I may be wrong, but she doesn't look like a long haired cat.

dandysmom
17-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Merlin's not a tummy cat? Leia loves having hers combed .......

angieh
17-06-2008, 11:26 PM
Never been able to get near his tum - and he has such a pretty spotted tum!

Phoenix
18-06-2008, 07:39 PM
I have been able to brush Beauty's belly before, before she went to the vets. Depends if she's in an "attack the brush" mood.

I haven't tried combing or brushing her tummy, and won't until she's got a reasonable amount of fur on there again.

She's a little bit sore on her tummy anyway. (has recently since coming back from the vets objected to being held for any length of time)

Phoenix
18-06-2008, 07:40 PM
She lets you comb her tummy???? Cooo - I would leave it be for a while, rather than put her off having her tum tum combed. Just keep an eye to see it's not getting knotted - I may be wrong, but she doesn't look like a long haired cat.

She isn't long haired. She's a short haired cat.

Elaine
29-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Why did the vet shave her tummy? Was there something wrong? Eva would have your face off if you went near her tummy with a comb:lol:

Phoenix
29-06-2008, 01:26 PM
We took her in when she wasn't right and the vet found a lump, so had to scan her to see what the lump was!

Elaine
29-06-2008, 02:19 PM
We took her in when she wasn't right and the vet found a lump, so had to scan her to see what the lump was!

Oh ok and what was the lump? Just curious;) Nothing serious I hope.

Phoenix
29-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Oh ok and what was the lump? Just curious;) Nothing serious I hope.

I don't want to repeat myself, so the full story is on here right from the beginning. http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=27978

Elaine
29-06-2008, 02:30 PM
I don't want to repeat myself, so the full story is on here right from the beginning. http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=27978

all that now, sorry am extremely tired at the moment and my memory isnt what it used to be.:lol:

Phoenix
29-06-2008, 02:31 PM
all that now, sorry am extremely tired at the moment and my memory isnt what it used to be.:lol:

That's OK!

At least you know about all the drama!

Kazz
29-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Both my two adored having their tumies combed/brushed and would roll over for me to do it. Cleo fitted nicely on my lap upside down. But Oscar used to fall off so I had to hold him on with the other hand.