PDA

View Full Version : Cat crying

woggle
16-06-2008, 04:23 PM
We have a half persian female cat who is 2 years old. She has always been pretty vocal with lots of chirruping etc however in the last couple of weeks she has started yowling outside our bedroom door in the early hours. she does not give up until we let her in and even then she trots around the room making alot of noise!!
I know it isn't a big problem but i really want to nip it in the bud before it becomes too much of a habit for her. Do you have any suggestions as to why she might be doing this and how we can stop it?
Any advice gratefully received

yola
16-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Some questions as a starting point? Might she be lonely? Is she ok health-wise? Maybe she's hungry/thirsty? Is there something prowling outside (fox, hedgehog, other cat) that is maybe upsetting her?

woggle
16-06-2008, 05:01 PM
I don't think she is lonely, we have 2 other cats but saying that I wonder if she just misses us at night time. she gets fed before we go to bed each night and there is always water for them. It could be something outside, when she was very little she did get attacked quite badly by another cat so maybe it is that. i will keep a lookout. thank you

Mags
16-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Is she an indoor or outdoor cat?

woggle
16-06-2008, 05:25 PM
She is an outdoor cat

Mags
16-06-2008, 05:33 PM
I was wondering if maybe she wants to go out :? Now the warm nights are here many cats enjoy being out chasing anything that moves in the dark, be it moths or something bigger.

I have a problem every year in the summer trying to get Cassie in at night, several nights I have gone to bed and left the cat flap open for her. If she comes in before 7.30pm now, the catflap is locked as I know it will be hopeless coaxing her in later :roll: