PDA

View Full Version : Denis the cuddlebug

babycakes
09-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Recently I went away for four days leaving Denis with OH and last weekend we both (OH & I, not Denis & I :lol: ) went away for the weekend and Denis has become the most cuddly cat in the world :-D .

For those of you who don't know, we CHOSE Denis the feral at 8 weeks old. He was a frightened, jumpy, hissy, biting bundle of fun scardy cat who didn't seem to loose many of those traits over the four years that we have owned him. He has experienced a lot of changes in his life, found outside, living in a rescue centre, coming with us, moving house, building work taking place, all of which have kept his feral instincts alive. :roll: :?
When I first put him in a cattery he returned demanding the first cuddles he has ever wanted. Crying and running to the bedroom, pounding away and having his tummy tickled, all on his terms and usually ending in me being bitten when he realised where he was and that he was being soppy :roll:
Anyway since this last couple of trips Denis has been behaving like a proper cat, as opposed to a puppy, purring loudly, face rubs, leg rubs, sitting on my knee (as he is now), half closed eyes and long loving looks towards me. (he always blinked and winked at me but these penetrate the soul....;) Absence makes the heart go fonder maybe???

It has taken four years of patience and love to get him where he is today. Its been worth it and the effects of it are paying off. :-D :cool:

alexgirl73
09-06-2008, 10:51 PM
It sounds as if it has all been worth it!! Glad to hear he is a 'proper' cat now lol. I wonder if it would work with Teddie??

Moli
09-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Your patience has paid off BC, sure Dennis is much happier now too....

candyshandy
09-06-2008, 11:14 PM
Aww - I just love hearing stories like this

I bet you're chuffed to bits :)

babycakes
09-06-2008, 11:26 PM
It sounds as if it has all been worth it!! Glad to hear he is a 'proper' cat now lol. I wonder if it would work with Teddie??

Can only try I suppose....:roll:

I must admit he has so much character that he has been worth it ten times over :lol:

angieh
09-06-2008, 11:57 PM
P'raps those other cats at the cattery taught him how to butter up his owners so maybe they won't go away and leave him again ............... ?

Lovely story!

dandysmom
10-06-2008, 02:15 AM
That's a touching story! Thank you for sharing it...:D

yola
10-06-2008, 09:42 AM
That's so sweet! Maybe he's maturing with age and realising that life has settled down for him; and also reassured about you going away but always returning again!

I'm so pleased Denis is discovering his inner cat finally :D

babycakes
10-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Thanks everyone X

Elaine
10-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Aww, Denis just loves his mummy:D

Mags
10-06-2008, 09:28 PM
How nice that you've 'tamed' Denis after all those years of patience...:D

babycakes
10-06-2008, 10:13 PM
I think you are right Elaine he does love his mummy but he is asking for cuddles of OH now too.

And Mags yes hopefully he is tamed now too, shows it can be done but I think also the fact that all the building work is done and there are no longer strange men and a lot of noise around the place too