PDA

View Full Version : Kado

kado
08-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Kado being at it again chasing birds. I went to find Guinness (who was asleep in somebodys garden)kado followed me went across the road and went in a garden and i thought he was digging he had caught a bird and promply ran off with it followed by two other birds squarking the heads off. He took under the shops bins than into the garden below i screamed and ran inside and shut the door a neighbour got kado off it but the bird couldnt fly at all and when she put him down he ran right back too it and took it across the road and played with it. than came in. He's been pleased as punch with himself since so i cant realy be annoyed with him or can i.

jane

Moli
08-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Thats cats for you I am afraid, its natural.....Once or twice I have managed to save them, but usually they are killed before I get to them...
You can't be angry with him, its instinct...

kado
08-06-2008, 06:07 PM
I,m not realy. He realy did look pleased with himself though. We have only known him catch 3 birds and a mouse all together. But that's what we know about. He's a goodboy realy

Moli
08-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Not like my Chancer then...............who come home pratically everyday with a mouse swinging from his mouth!!sometimes alive, sometimes not!!

angieh
08-06-2008, 08:08 PM
I can't remember Merlin every being responsible for bringing creatures in - that was Smudge's department. I am under the impression, maybe wrongly, that the female is the more proficient hunter! Merlin has bought in a dead bit of bacon rind and a really dead roast potato, presumably from someone else's bird-table!

Smudge's tally was birds, dead; mice, shrews, voles alive (much too much good fun to kill straight away) and, bless her, a rat that was bigger than she was. Thankfully that was dead. Oh and frogs!

dandysmom
08-06-2008, 09:07 PM
I can't remember Merlin every being responsible for bringing creatures in - that was Smudge's department. I am under the impression, maybe wrongly, that the female is the more proficient hunter! Merlin has bought in a dead bit of bacon rind and a really dead roast potato, presumably from someone else's bird-table!

Smudge's tally was birds, dead; mice, shrews, voles alive (much too much good fun to kill straight away) and, bless her, a rat that was bigger than she was. Thankfully that was dead. Oh and frogs!

I's sorry but I cannot help but laugh at the mental picture of Merlin proudly bringing in his kill...the deadly roast potato!! :smt005. Although as Leia "kills" pea pods......
Smudge was a mighty huntress, wasn't she? Scamper lined up his dead mice on the porch steps daily for my Mom....

Kado, don't be annoyed at him; just doing what he's designed by nature to do ........

yola
08-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Bless him - Kado must've been really proud to have caught a bird!! Sounds like he needs a bit of praise and a 'quiet word about not catching birds'.

In the 11 years I've had cats we have had a grand total of . . . . 1 small bird :roll: That was Balie (yes, Balie) when he was a year old. But it was impressive, the bird flew low across the garden and he leapt up and swiped it out of the air :shock:

Didn't know what to do with it once he had it though.:lol: