PDA

View Full Version : Worming(havent we had fun)

kado
07-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Ive just finished worming troy and chester with panacur paste. It wasnt a paste just a bit thicker liquid. I would never get it again they haited it we got more than they did. If i got this for the other 3 i need nine of them which would cost around £72. I dont think the others would tolerate tablets so i am going to get the spot on for them, no bitten finger and scratches as well. So it looks like a trip to the vets next week as i want to worm them before i move.

jane

pinklizzy
07-06-2008, 10:52 PM
I know what you mean about panacur, it isn't the nicest thing to give and I'm sure I've been properly wormed with it over the years! I think it is the easiest thing to give to young kittens though-splitting worming tablets to give the correct amount per kg bodyweight is difficult to do accurately. Hopefully you can get something like profender (spot-on) to do the adult cats!

smudgley
08-06-2008, 10:12 AM
I really like using panacur paste.

I find it's quite easy to administer :?

Mags
08-06-2008, 10:47 AM
I really like using panacur paste.

I find it's quite easy to administer :?

Careful Smudgley, you'll have all the Catsey members queueing at your door to do the worming for them! ;):-D

Phoenix
08-06-2008, 11:57 AM
I crush a worming tablet and put it in Beauty's food.

Beauty eats it eventually (can't put the tablet in her mouth- she strongly objects to swallowing anything she doesn't like so it would make it near enough impossible)

You can't put worming tablets in the cats food if you have more than one cat. (other cats would eat it)