PDA

View Full Version : Aggressive cat questionnaire

cattylicious
06-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi, I'm hoping someone here might be willing to help me. I'm a student veterinary nurse and writing an essay on aggression in cats, with a deadline to meet I have to do some research for this and unfortunately, my practice won't allow me to ask clients questions for it. I've written a short questionnaire and I would be very grateful if people could take the time to fill it in. It wouldn't take very long.

It's in Word format and only a page and a half of short questions - with only one that needs a more detailed answer. Needless to say, confidentiality is respected and all I will use the information for is drawing graphs and maybe giving as an example - as in " a 4 yr old female cat would jump and attack her owners legs".

You can fill it in for your own cat(s) or if you know about another one, for that cat. Or pass it on to the lucky person. It can apply to cats you have now or in the past.

I've set up a Yahoo ID for this, if you email me at aggressivecats@yahoo.co.uk, then I can email you the questionnaire.

Thank you very much in advance

pinklizzy
06-06-2008, 07:31 PM
I don't have my own cat so probably won't be of any use to you, just wanted to wish you luck with your VN training-been there, done that and survived!

cattylicious
06-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Thanks! Do you know an aggressive cat? If so, you could answer the questions for that one..
Yes, the training is hard. It's so difficult getting the portfolio done sometimes with a fulltime job.

dandysmom
06-06-2008, 07:58 PM
Glad to help' I'll e-mail you.

angieh
06-06-2008, 08:21 PM
I wish you all the best with your training. I would help if I could, but don't have and don't know an aggressive cats. If you need non-aggressive cats to make a comparison, let me know.

bobbie3917
07-06-2008, 03:40 AM
hi, i can help but i dont have word, can u send it any other way?

cattylicious
07-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Yes, I can just copy and paste it here. But it's probably best not to put the filled questionnaire here. If you could send the completed questionnaire in an email that would be best. Huge thanks to everybody who's emailed me so far and to those who haven't got aggressive cats - it's so nice to receive your best wishes. (Made me feel better about the hard work I have to do, for one thing)

cattylicious
07-06-2008, 12:44 PM
AGGRESSIVE CAT QUESTIONNAIRE
(Please answer one for each aggressive cat)

Answers will be treated in strictest confidence and only used for the purposes of this essay.:

Cat’s name :
Cat’s age :
Cat’s gender:

Cat’s breed :

Cat colour:

Neutered?:

Indoor/outdoor?:

Does it hunt?:

Is it vaccinated?:

How long have you owned your cat? :

If adopted, do you know why the cat was put up for rehoming?:

Does the cat suffer from any medical conditions? If so, what?:

Is it under any sort of treatment for its aggressive behaviour? If so, please detail:

When did it start to show aggression?

Is it aggressive towards you or other humans?

If yes, of what age range or is it just any age or one person in particular?

Do you have other pets?

If yes, how does your cat act towards them?

Describe the cat’s aggressive behaviour – how it acts, any signals beforehand, when and where does it occur?

What results have there been from the cat’s aggression? E.g. trips to the vet, doctor, etc

How would you classify your cat’s aggression?

Anything else you can think of that might be relevant?

Phoenix
07-06-2008, 03:03 PM
I can't help you with an aggressive questionnaire, but I could help if you were to do a fearful cat one (Beauty's quite often scared of a lot - if I was to list everything she's shown fear to I'd be here all week!)

cattylicious
07-06-2008, 03:13 PM
There is a type of aggression designated as fearful aggression - I take it Beauty runs and hides if possible? What does she do if she can't?

Phoenix
07-06-2008, 03:31 PM
There is a type of aggression designated as fearful aggression - I take it Beauty runs and hides if possible? What does she do if she can't?

If someone's got hold of her she'll struggle like crazy until you let her go.

If she can run away she does!

If you want a list of things she runs from I can PM it to you.

bobbie3917
07-06-2008, 05:48 PM
i have pm'ed you