PDA

View Full Version : Baby tick...

random
06-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Vitaani has a really really small baby tick on her paw. I cannot for the life of me find my tick remover thingy and it's far to small to pull out manually so I either take her to the vet or order another tick remover (which I will have to do anyway now), BUT, what puzzles me is........she is an indoor cat! She doesn't go outside at all only on a harness and even then she hasn't been out for about a week.

All I can think of is she's got it from the dogs somehow. Very odd!

Gaina
06-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Do you have any surgical spirit? Coat the little blighter in that with a cotton bud and it should be gone in 24 hours (they shrivel and fall off).

The nurse at the vet I used to go to saved me a trip over there and a bill with that little gem of advice and it works perfectly :)

random
06-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Do you have any surgical spirit? Coat the little blighter in that with a cotton bud and it should be gone in 24 hours (they shrivel and fall off).

The nurse at the vet I used to go to saved me a trip over there and a bill with that little gem of advice and it works perfectly :)

Thank you, I do and will do that. I know you can put Vaseline on them which suffocates them and they drop off but that can also make them regurgitate back into the host so not really that great. :shock:

dandysmom
06-06-2008, 04:55 PM
I was going to suggest the vaseline; did not know about the regurgitation bit...what a useful thing to know! One of my bosses standard poodle had ticks and she found lots of them in the house and had to have an exterminator.....

A chin tickle to Vitaani, please; as you know she's my favorite of your cats....

Kim
06-06-2008, 07:16 PM
A bit of alcohol works well too and at least the tick will die happy!!!! lol

random
06-06-2008, 08:20 PM
I was going to suggest the vaseline; did not know about the regurgitation bit...what a useful thing to know! One of my bosses standard poodle had ticks and she found lots of them in the house and had to have an exterminator.....

A chin tickle to Vitaani, please; as you know she's my favorite of your cats....
Thanks Eileen, will do that for you, she's totally clueless that anything was wrong anyway.

A bit of alcohol works well too and at least the tick will die happy!!!! lol
Thanks Kim, that is what I put on it in the end as didn't have any surgical spirit but always have a bit of voddy in! :lol:

angieh
06-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Did the tick hick???

(Sorry!)