PDA

View Full Version : Photobucket Question

dandysmom
05-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to search your album by photo number, instead of having to scroll thru 8 pages to find the one you're looking for? It would really make life a lot simpler......

charliebubs
05-06-2008, 04:50 PM
I don't think you can, Eileen :(

Not that I know of anyway. Sorry.

angieh
05-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Not sure if you can do this, being a MAC user - can you save your photo to your desktop and load it to Photobucket from there? Sometimes I do that and it makes the photo very easy to find.

bobbie3917
05-06-2008, 05:35 PM
you can search by name (if you know the name of the pic) but you must not use a spaces,

if you have 8 pages as long as they are only in category(SP?) you can go to the bottom (or it might be the top) and by the page numbers you will see view all, this will give you all the pic in that category all on one very long page

hope this helps

dandysmom
05-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Not sure if you can do this, being a MAC user - can you save your photo to your desktop and load it to Photobucket from there? Sometimes I do that and it makes the photo very easy to find.

I do that, Angie, move from Desktop to PB. Trouble is when I want to find a particular pic in PB I have to check the View All and then keep scrolling down the pages till I can find it and copy the IMG code. I suppose it was asking too much to be able to find it by photo number, but it was worth asking...it would be a lovely feature...

angieh
05-06-2008, 08:12 PM
I guess from that Eileen that your file/folder storage on MAC is totally different from windows. On my new pc I now have Vista, which is taking me a bit of getting used to. Photos are stored in "galleries" rather than the folders which you could name as you pleased. It does however have one really good feature which is it stores photos by date uploaded - does MAC not do that either? At least I can find the folder made on a certain date (usually recent) and hey presto, there's my photo!

dandysmom
05-06-2008, 08:50 PM
With the Mac, pics upload to my iPhoto and they are sorted by date, most recent at the bottom. I move them from there to Desktop then to PB. I've got two PB albums, Cat (large!!!) and Non-Cat (smallish. mostly garden, plants, etc., and the rare people or dog pic!) . And the ones in PB have the latest at the top. But I've moved pics to PB in no particular order, so dates wouldn't help. It was just a thought that possibly the photo number would be sortable, but apparently not to be... ah well...