PDA

View Full Version : Interesting link

Kim
30-05-2008, 06:51 PM
I know we have had numerous discussions on here about vaccinations, diet, medications, etc for our pet. It is such a minefield and difficult to know what to do for the best sometimes. I have posted this link from another forum, it is basically a vets opinions on the above and I think a lot of it makes sense. My cats are no longer vaccinated, I rarely use chemical flea treatment and the dogs are fed a raw diet. I think it is refreshing to hear of a vet who questions such things as vaccinations and prescription diets.

http://www.theonlinevet.com/

This is not meant to be controversial in any way, but worth a read and see what you think. ;)

Kay
30-05-2008, 08:32 PM
A very interesting read but I won't be ushing out to spend $277 annually. He is still out to make his fortune from our animals. Sorry if that sounds harsh just my opinion.

Kim
30-05-2008, 10:59 PM
No, doesn't sound harsh Kay. I wouldn't spend that sort of money either, I just think he raised some interesting points and refreshing to hear from a vet who is not pro vaccination. :)

Kay
30-05-2008, 11:28 PM
I definitely agree with you there Kim. It would be even more refreshing if they didn't want to make a fortune as well wouldn't it!!!!

Kim
31-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Good point!!

Elaine
31-05-2008, 02:49 PM
A very interesting article, have come across several similar about dog behaviour, bird training etc. I am sure I have seen his book advertised on amazon or somewhere similar.
Raises some very good points with regards to vaccines etc but would be more interested if they wanted to share their knowledge and info for the benefit of our pets and not just their bank balances.
I do feel that there are alot of people out there ready to exploit the love we have for our pets for financial gain.