PDA

View Full Version : Worming?

Jules
29-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Hi all

Just a quick question, I got some Drontal wormer from the vet today for the kittens, if i worm them today, when will they need doing again?

Thank you :D

pinklizzy
29-05-2008, 04:13 PM
How old are the kittens now? Usually I'd recommend worming fortnightly until they're 12 weeks, then monthly until 6 months. Is it drontal cat tablets you've got?

Jules
29-05-2008, 04:20 PM
How old are the kittens now? Usually I'd recommend worming fortnightly until they're 12 weeks, then monthly until 6 months. Is it drontal cat tablets you've got?

The kittens will be 8 weeks on Saturday, yes, its the tablets i have.

pinklizzy
29-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Have you got weights for the kittens? A 1/4 of a drontal cat will treat a cat that weighs 1kg, they're not that easy to break accurately. You may be better off with something like panacur paste while they're still little and save the drontal for the two guys you're keeping when they get a bit bigger?

Jules
29-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Have you got weights for the kittens? A 1/4 of a drontal cat will treat a cat that weighs 1kg, they're not that easy to break accurately. You may be better off with something like panacur paste while they're still little and save the drontal for the two guys you're keeping when they get a bit bigger?

Thanks, maybe i will do that then, sounds much easier :D