PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Treat

Phoenix
28-05-2008, 04:13 PM
I'm planning to really spoil Beauty next month (on my birthday) and I would like ideas on how to spoil her.

Cat treats are out because she won't touch them with the proverbial bargepole.

HappyKatz
28-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Does she like catnip or toys? You said she didn't really like to play though & she doesn't like treats either...thats a tough one! I'll still have to think...

dandysmom
28-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Catnip comes to mind, unless she's one of the few that don't react to it....does she enjoy a really good grooming session? Or special lap/cuddle time?

Phoenix
28-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Does she like catnip or toys? You said she didn't really like to play though & she doesn't like treats either...thats a tough one! I'll still have to think...

She USED to like catnip, she seems to be unresponsive to it now though.

Toys she won't go near. She used to have a toy rat, played with it twice then it vanished.

Phoenix
28-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Catnip comes to mind, unless she's one of the few that don't react to it....does she enjoy a really good grooming session? Or special lap/cuddle time?

I can groom her for a few minutes, then she decides it's time to do other things.

She seems to enjoy sleeping on my lap, on HER terms though. (lies on my lap purring her head off)

dandysmom
28-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Wow, she is going to be a difficult cat to spoil! A new cat tree? Or bed, or a crinkly tunnel? A nice thermal cushion? My Leia is a difficult cat also, but she really loves her thermal cushion and the crinkly tunnel...that's why I suggested them....

HappyKatz
28-05-2008, 04:41 PM
What about a feather toy that you could pull around so she could chase it?
If she likes that sort of thing...I'm trying to think of everything!

Phoenix
28-05-2008, 04:46 PM
What about a feather toy that you could pull around so she could chase it?
If she likes that sort of thing...I'm trying to think of everything!

I'll see about getting her a toy that you can drag along. Not a feathered one, she's still a bit wary of feathered things, particularly if they fly!

HappyKatz
28-05-2008, 04:48 PM
I'll see about getting her a toy that you can drag along. Not a feathered one, she's still a bit wary of feathered things, particularly if they fly!

No feathers for Beauty! She gets a little scared when she sees birdies?

Phoenix
28-05-2008, 04:50 PM
No feathers for Beauty! She gets a little scared when she sees birdies?

A little bit, most of the time.

She might have got attacked by a birdie before she came to us.

Maybe something edible would suit her? Any suggestions for nice edible things?

(not salmon - she doesn't like that!)

dandysmom
28-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Prawns? Ham? Sardines? Cheddar? All my previous cats loved them, but not Leia .....

Have you thought about one of those laser light beam toys?

Phoenix
28-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Prawns? Ham? Sardines? Cheddar? All my previous cats loved them, but not Leia .....

Have you thought about one of those laser light beam toys?

I don't know if she'd chase those ... my watch lets off a small amount of light and she ignores that completely.

Could try though, if it doesn't work out then I could take it to the rescue centre ...

HappyKatz
28-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Its hard to think of something to spoil Beauty with when she doesn't really like anything...There has got to be something she likes. Maybe it would be easier to name what Beauty doesn't like in order to get to what to buy her...

Phoenix
01-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Its hard to think of something to spoil Beauty with when she doesn't really like anything...There has got to be something she likes. Maybe it would be easier to name what Beauty doesn't like in order to get to what to buy her...

Ummm ...

Noisy toys
Salmon

Think of some more later.

dandysmom
01-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Re those fishing rod toys with feathers on it: since she doesn't like feathers you could attach a fluttery strip of denim on it instead. When the feathers got destroyed on mine that's what I did, and all the cats liked chasing it.....

PoshPuss
01-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Posh loves chasing the spotlight of a torch ( what a diva! :roll: ) so my grandson bought her her own little torch with a narrow beam, she loves it :-D