PDA

View Full Version : Funny little habits

mumof3
27-05-2008, 04:59 PM
All of my cats only drink water and they have stainless steel dishes. Alfie is the biggest water drinker, he loves it! Every time he has a drink he always sticks one paw in first, I dont know whether this is to test the temperature or whether he is checking to make sure there is water in the dish. Whatever the reason he looks so cute when he does it.
What funny little habits do your cats have?

angieh
27-05-2008, 05:20 PM
I wonder whether your Alfie is short sighted mumof3? My Merlin has a stainless steel water dish and always seems to have trouble finding where the water level starts. He is comical to watch and although he doesn't stick his paw in (clever Alfie!) he does seem to go round and round the bowl with his nose before he finds the water. I suppose if I were on my hands and knees without my glasses, I might find it hard to find too, because of the reflective quality of the bowl.

Mags
27-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Cassie will dip her paw in her water bowl but she licks her paw after instead drinking from it!:lol:

mumof3
27-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Hi Angie
I never thought of that! Alfie is my ginger boy and I have noticed that his eyes often seem to be half shut and his third eyelid sometimes covers part of his eye but I always put it down to the fact that his eyes are orange.
He never has any problem finding his food ortrying to trip you when hes hiding under the bed and hes a whizz at playing ball!
Wonder if you can have eye tests for cats lol.

Moli
27-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Merlin dips his paw in then licks it, then drinks from the bowl...

andrew021
29-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Jet also sticks her paw in the water bowl, she has done so from her kitten days.

dandysmom
29-05-2008, 04:16 PM
I had a leaky faucet in the basement, and Sultan used to prefer drinking from it to his water bowl .......

Kay
30-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Tate dips his paw in his water bowl as well and then drinks from the paw. He is so clumsy though that he usually nocks the bowl over!!!

Alicat
02-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Pingu will lie down with his paws either side of the water bowl to drink.

babycakes
02-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Denis will take his food out of his bowl with his paws and eat it (like Arthur did on the cat food ads). He also like me to throw peices of meat so he can chase it catch it and kill it.....so he thinks

claws_applause!
09-06-2008, 12:53 AM
My 'she'cat using litter tray, she likes to cover it up with the litter and pull the litter liner over after she has finished! Its funny to watch. we got her a pink cat tray.

Phoenix
09-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Beauty prefers to drink out of the bird bath.

She'll go over to it and sniff it before drinking (usually anyway- on a hot day she just drinks!)

kitty cats
25-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Denis will take his food out of his bowl with his paws and eat it (like Arthur did on the cat food ads). He also like me to throw peices of meat so he can chase it catch it and kill it.....so he thinks

Tibby does that too! he throws his food up, catches it and chases it, it ends up under the cooker etc and i have to dig it out lol
he also sticks his tongue out a lot (very cute!!) and nuzzles and sucks on my ear whilst purring extremely loudly if he gets the chance, kinda weird lol
oh and he makes noises that sound like a guinea pig squeek :lol:
Jake on the other hand makes duck noises when he play fights with Tibby :?

strange kitties :lol:

keziah
09-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Figo sticks his paw in the water bowl too before drinking, quite funny to watch. One other funny habit he has is, whenever he does something naughty and I playfully chase him, he either runs to his food bowl and pretends to eat or runs to his litter tray and sits there :), I think he knows that when he is in these two places he is not disturbed and left alone :) funny how he learnt that.